Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon 50mm f1.4- Against the sun and wind.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Fujinon 50mm f1.4- Against the sun and wind. Reply with quote

These are images taken with Fujinon 50mm f1.4 (doesn't say EBC on name plate). I have been thinking of exposing this lens to some UV lamp treatment-it has a darker shade of golden brown. I am posting some images hoping to hear what you have to say regarding this form of bleaching for this particular lens.

Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice !

I like that glowing backlit effect with flowers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the clarity in the last picture. But I think any yellowed lens will block quite a bit of blue light. Saturation of blues will be lowered. It's hard to judge from your sample, but the greens look quite yellow. If you want to capture any cool tints with your lens, it might be difficult, but maybe you can do some better tests to prove that.

I think it's probably worth trying to cure it with UV exposure. I read that the quickest way to do it is to use some powerful UV LED-fashlight and leave it on continuously for some days. It's probably best to put a mirror or aluminium foil on the other side of the lens, so the UV that gets through reflects back into the lens.

Some info: (especially that post) http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/778613/0&year=2009#7220015

Something like this probably woud probably work: Click here to see on Ebay
Edit: eggboy's one looks better. Smile

Last edited by AhamB on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using one of these LED UV flashlights to 'cure' my 35/1.4 Nikkor N of the yellows. I spent a little more to get one that uses AA batteries, and had more LEDs, hoping that it works a little quicker, and I already have a bunch of rechargeable AA batteries.

Click here to see on Ebay

I don't know whether 395nm is the correct wavelength, but there is a UV warning in the eBay ad, so it must be good! Confused

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggboy wrote:

I don't know whether 395nm is the correct wavelength, but there is a UV warning in the eBay ad, so it must be good! Confused

Even more LED's! Very Happy AA's are indeed a better option, and I wouldn't want to look into that beam. Wink Please fix your link though; only put the ebay item number between the ebay tags, not the whole link.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks luisalegria, I thought that this it would be different- I am glad you like it.

eggboy, and AhamB,
Thanks for your input .

AhamB,

I am glad you spotted the yellowish color - I must say they work well under some conditions, and are very good for black and white. I have decided I am going to try bleaching it- as I need to bleach a few other lenses too mainly- A Chinon 55mm f1.4, an old Soligor 105mm f2.8 and another Fujinon. Thank you for your suggestions. I have two methods I might try- 1. is a UV box thats used to erase old Eproms the only thing with this is I have to reset it every hour. and the Second one is a lamp I have coming that I bought at the Big bay that's from a Jewelers shop-
this one

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like a good lens, perhaps one to consider for my ST605 ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
Looks to me like a good lens, perhaps one to consider for my ST605 ...

It will go really well with your ST605. Occasionally you will find them at the right price-my experience is that you have to look for camera lens combo sales to find it at a good price- I have found them at cheaper prices than the lens sold by itself, on fleabay.

Regards

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one of these too. Lovely lens, sharp wide open. I am going to sell it though, to finance a new speedlite flash.