Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Not selling anymore ! Abtomat 135mm f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Not selling anymore ! Abtomat 135mm f/4 Reply with quote

I had this lens for sale for sometimes now and there is no response, think partially because of the chipped glass. So I decided to operate on this lens to make it work on my D90. I removed the mounting and part of the helicoid. Now the focusing ring or grip has become the lens body and the focusing is turning the front part of the lens and it works! Yeah ! Also I removed the in built lens hood and replaced it with front screw in metal hood.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, but that looks like a hood for an 28mm lens. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a bit like a Jupiter 11A from that angle...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably why it says "Jupiter" on the bottom of the ring Smile

Looks like the chip is outside the part os the image circle that falls on the sensor, so the only problem would be unintended refractions from it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter 11 "avtomat" (automatic) in kiev-10 mount ... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the aperture system working?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is Jupiter 11.

Unfortunately, I did not get a aperture lever or mechanism for this lens. I shot all wide open this afternoon.

Photos will be up later. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I had mention earlier, I had removed part of the helicoid and mounting. That is, included the stopper pin that prevents the over turning of the focusing ring. Since the absence of the stopper pin, I had to be careful, if not the lens group will fall off.

Here are some close up shots.

Shooting not so close in the beginning.

Shooting approximate 30cm from the front of the lens to the subject. This is the closest I can get before the lens groups falling out of the body.

Different background

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some shots of the common birds over here, the mynah and pigeon.

100% crop

100% crop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lastly some shots of the church and the brick wall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All shots taken wide open. Under strong sunlight, I am shooting ISO 200 and at times maximum shutter at 1/4000 !

It seems also the chip not really affecting the shots or IQ.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing thing! Next try Jupiter 9, they can be bought for peanuts. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid adaptation obviously worth the effort!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Amazing thing! Next try Jupiter 9, they can be bought for peanuts. Smile

Ok sure ! Thanks

Pancolart wrote:
Splendid adaptation obviously worth the effort!

Thanks !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use a black marker pen to paint the chipped part. This will reduce the reflection in the front element.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
You can use a black marker pen to paint the chipped part. This will reduce the reflection in the front element.

All black markers i own are pretty shiny. You might ask at hobby / art store which black color isn't glossy (i can't remember the word used for opposite of glossy).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

All black markers i own are pretty shiny. You might ask at hobby / art store which black color isn't glossy (i can't remember the word used for opposite of glossy).

calvin83 wrote:

Thanks for the advice ! Very Happy

Pancolart, opposite of glossy is matt Very Happy

Last edited by Krisgage on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to buy "matt" or "matte" black paint - model makers use it, so look for a store that sells those kits of aircraft and ships which you assemble and glue together.

Just wondering, though - does it need to be a dull paint if it's on the outside of the front element? Will not any reflections be away from the lens? Is not the important thing that light is prevented from reaching the chipped surface? In any case, the lens seems to be doing pretty good as it is Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen, yeah I think so too. Guess I gonna leave it as it is for now. I got other " toys " to play with Laughing