Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 200mm shoot out..F/5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Vivitar 200mm shoot out..F/5.6 Reply with quote

These were shot at f/5.6.

T4 with tripod mount

200mm Bright Band.

T4 without tripod mount

series 1 f/3

Komine with rubber focus grip

Kiron with metal focus grip

Komine with metal focus grip

Last edited by Big Dawg on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Series 1 has an edge here, followed by Komine and then the rest of the pack. Interesting...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you keep the shuttertime equal and are the differenties in exposure caused by differeties in effective aperture (or transparancy)?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
I'd say Series 1 has an edge here, followed by Komine and then the rest of the pack. Interesting...

Sort of the way I'm seeing it too. I have no prejudices here as I like all of these lens.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Did you keep the shuttertime equal and are the differenties in exposure caused by differeties in effective aperture (or transparancy)?

Most are shot in aperture priority so the camera is doing the exposure changing not me. Saying that the difference in exposure was not a problem for what I wanted. I wanted to see the sharpness and contrast.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'm rather surprised at how close they all are. But these images aren't 100% crops are they? It isn't really possible for me to evaluate lens quality with any confidence without viewing 100% crops.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Actually, I'm rather surprised at how close they all are. But these images aren't 100% crops are they? It isn't really possible for me to evaluate lens quality with any confidence without viewing 100% crops.

Crops coming up next. f/8 and f/11 at 35-40 feet distance.