Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro Ennalyt f3.5 28mm M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Macro Ennalyt f3.5 28mm M42 Reply with quote

Anyone seen one of these before? Got it in a box of junk. Standard M42 mount. Focus down to 6" or less. Never heard of this maker.

Pardon me all. Just got the search to work and lots of references. Can't believe it's as good as a Flektagon tho - have to try it and see Smile Oh, haven't got a flek to compare it with Sad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, not only seen it, but used to sell this family of Enna lenses years ago. Is it the one with lots of plastic in the construction? The focus and aperture movement probably feel dry and gritty, but take some pics before you do anything rash with it. If it all went together properly you might just be pleasantly surprised with the results ! The 'macro' label is a bit of a marketing exercise, but it does get fairly close.

We sold the 28, the 135 and (I think) the 240mm in this version. They came in plastic tubs and both looked and felt really cheap. But folks bought them because they were German and we ( = I ) told them that Enna had a really good reputation - which was absolutely true, of course.

Anyway, take some pics and let us know how good this one is, please Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Yes, not only seen it, but used to sell this family of Enna lenses years ago. Is it the one with lots of plastic in the construction? The focus and aperture movement probably feel dry and gritty, but take some pics before you do anything rash with it. If it all went together properly you might just be pleasantly surprised with the results ! The 'macro' label is a bit of a marketing exercise, but it does get fairly close.

We sold the 28, the 135 and (I think) the 240mm in this version. They came in plastic tubs and both looked and felt really cheap. But folks bought them because they were German and we ( = I ) told them that Enna had a really good reputation - which was absolutely true, of course.

Anyway, take some pics and let us know how good this one is, please Very Happy

Hi Stephen, yes it's a fantastic plastic one. Not taking any pictures as yet, because one of the middle elements appears to be made of frosted glass. Can't get into it at the moment though. However, what I have seen of the internal construction it seems to be good quality plastic Smile Funny how we regard plastic kit lenses of today as OK, but those of yesteryear not so. Having taken a Canon kit lens apart a few weeks ago I reckon this Enna is just as good, only 30-40 years further down the technology tree.

If I manage to clean the lens, I'll take some shots and post them. Thanks for the info.