Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Focusing screen for C450D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Focusing screen for C450D Reply with quote

Hi

Original Focusing screen is little difficult for MF. Any suggestions for a new one with good MF?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact our member Alex(hk300).
He offers split-prism focusing screens; I had one in my 400D
and have one in my 40D. Great product at a great price.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for advice. I'll contact him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a thread considering this guy and I won't use his service.

However my English is not enough for finding the correct one from Evilbay. They also all got bad pictures so I can't find it for sure.

So can somebody link me a correct one here?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try Haoda Diagonal screen

very very good one!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a double split 45° screen. Works fine now. The rest is my fault.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some general questions about focusing screens in the crop body Canons. Mine is an XS (1000D). It's a real PITA trying to focus accurately with fast lenses -- say f/1.4 or so.

So, do you depend on the split-image area of the screen for accurate focusing? Or can you still focus accurately using just the plain ground glass area?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just learning it, so I can't tell you yet.

There's a bigger circle, where you can focus like matte screen. But let me try to learn first, before I say something stupid.

I'm off to my vacation at friday. I'll be at Finnmark, north Norway for a couple of weeks. I think I can be sure then, when I return. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
So, do you depend on the split-image area of the screen for accurate focusing? Or can you still focus accurately using just the plain ground glass area?
It's situation-dependent, but I find that using the split-circle center to focus accurately just plain works better for my eye.

I can get accurate focus in the microprism ring when focusing on well-lit and high-contrast subjects, but overall, my eye prefers the center split circle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No focus problems what so ever.

It's better than matte, but still not sharp enough. Still at learning phase though...