Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best Yashica M42 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Best Yashica M42 lenses Reply with quote

I have a yashinon auto DS-M 50mm f1.7 lens. Is this better than their ML lenses and what Yashinon *** are the best?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ML series were the best produced by Yashica. I've seen reports that some DS-M designs were pretty close though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
ML series were the best produced by Yashica. I've seen reports that some DS-M designs were pretty close though.

+1

Yashica DS-M 135mm f2.8 wide open

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/yashica/auto-yashinon-ds-m-135mm-f2-8/Yashica_135mm_f2_8_M42-100.jpg.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've seen of my little Yash 50mm so far - its quite good

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Yashica only made good lenses.

The ML series was C/Y mount and DS & DX for M42.

I currently own 2 Yashica lenses, DX 200mm f4 and ML 50mm f1.9 and they are both excellent.
But from what I've read and seen, all yashica lenses were of high optical quality.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsmlogger wrote:

But from what I've read and seen, all yashica lenses were of high optical quality.

I agree. I have sold almost all my Yashis, but not because I did not like them, rather because I did not want to open another collection field.
I still have one, very old Yashica 2/50 and even this one produces great results.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsmlogger wrote:
I think Yashica only made good lenses.

The ML series was C/Y mount and DS & DX for M42.

I currently own 2 Yashica lenses, DX 200mm f4 and ML 50mm f1.9 and they are both excellent.

+1 this is my personal experience too, I had a Yashica ML 135mm marked with C (means made by Cosina) this lens was an exception , lens was pretty average or bad. )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
+1 this is my personal experience too, I had a Yashica ML 135mm marked with C (means made by Cosina) this lens was an exception , lens was pretty average or bad. )

I have the first model, non-"c" Yashica ML 135/2.8 (55mm filter thread), and it's a pretty average 135mm as well. I am selling mine now by the way. The rest that I own it pretty good: 24/2.8 (superb! reportedly better than Distagon 25/2.Cool, 28/2.8 (a very, very nice lens, close to Distagon 28/2.Cool, all 50's from 1.4 to 2.0 (all of them great except for 50/1.7 which I find to be decent but nothing special, and the all-plastic 50/1.9 'c' which has mediocre build quality), 100/3.5 macro (superb lens), and Reflex ML 500/8 (a great mirror lens - better than Tokina and Tamron SP).