Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML 55mm f/1.2 - Allways wide open on 5DMKII!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Yashica ML 55mm f/1.2 - Allways wide open on 5DMKII! Reply with quote

I bought this amazing lens to Cobalt60. Everything works great outside of the camera but when I put the CY-EOS adaptor the diafragm don't close more than f/8...

Then when I mount the lens on my 5DMKII it is allways wide open...
I think that the little metal thing (don't know how to say in english) that allows the DOF preview on Contax cameras has to be cutted correct?

Please let me know what do to has I don't want to sell it again Smile

Regards,
Ivo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivo,

I guess it's the same problem I had with the Kiron 28/2 on the 5D ... I filed down that "stop-down" thingy a bit and all works fine (and it still works perfectly on Contax bodies, too, of course!).
Be careful to make sure that what you file off doesn't end up in the lens Smile

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's better to protect the rear element with something and then I'd fill down the metal thingy 1 or 2mm?
My Distagon T* 35/1.4 had one identical problem with some adapters but with this one it works 100%... So it's not an adapter question.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazzaros wrote:
My Distagon T* 35/1.4 had one identical problem with some adapters but with this one it works 100%... So it's not an adapter question.

I have only seen one C/Y adapter with precise thickness so far (and it has its share of other problems to not be recommended). Incidentally, this is the only adapter allowing me to mount some Contax lenses with long fins without having to file. So I believe it *is* an adapter problem after all.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg maybe you are right but I have not other adaptor to try right now. I bought another 2 different adapters but I'm still waiting for them. Tomorrow I'll take 2mm to the metal thingy and try with this one...Hope it works 100%.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that M42 1,2 Tomioka and I had to revise my M42-Sigma adapter for it. Thickness wasn't correct, no problem, I have a lathe. And I removed most of the ring for the lens diaphragm pin. Bit difficult to put the adapter on the lens, but worked perfect in the end.

Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow I'll remove maybe 2mm from the metal thingy (what is the "real" name for this??) and I'll try it! Hope it works right away since I don't want to do many crazy things to get it working hehe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So? Any progress with the file?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure whether this name is an official name or not:

We normally call it "aperture linkage lever" > A in the photo:

F in the photo actually tells the camera which F-stop the lens is set,
so this lever should be called true "aperture linkage", but A in the photo
is called such. This A is dynamically closes down the iris to set F-stop
when you press the shutter as you know.