Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios-103 (V1 and V2) and NEX-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Helios-103 (V1 and V2) and NEX-5 Reply with quote

There exist two versions of the Helios-103 based on the body design. I here show some images comparing the two.

You can read my newly posted blog entry, if interested.

V1 and V2 (right and left, respectively)

V1

V2

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intrigued by these lenses, but sadly, nothing to use them on. I look forward to a review/samples.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm intrigued by these lenses, but sadly, nothing to use them on. I look forward to a review/samples.

+1

I even own the Menopta version! No body to use it...

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted one image before made with this lens: The Monster of Loch Sock.

In a few words: good sharpness and very low contrast when shooting towards the sun. I remember having read on the RF forum of someone (Brian?) who painted black the aperture blades to reduce the loss of contrast. However, it creates quite a vintage look as it is.

The adapter I use comes from Attila's friend Smile
On ebay, I sometimes see a cheaper adapter from a seller nicknamed grandseller. I can't comment on his adapter, but Attila's is very good and you can focus closer then 1m with it.