Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dynax 700si + Tomioka 55/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Dynax 700si + Tomioka 55/1.4 Reply with quote

i forgot to show you my "new" equipment. Dynax 700si is 1993 body able to do lot of stuff incl. 1/8000 shutter (great in those summer weeks Smile). Lens is probably made by Tomioka, gives excellent results (i probably put some here at gallery sections).

body costs me ~22USD (grip is mine from previous broken body), lens ~52USD .... and of course, i must count M42-AF adapter also (~20USD)...

i'am looking forward to shoot lot of things on kodak gold 200, but i don't have time right now Sad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be nice to see some photos from this combination...I looked at buying a Minolta camera before I bought the Ricohs.
That Rikenon looks so cool and in superb condition Cool,I have one + ding on the filter.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was very lucky, lens is almost perfectly clean, no scratches on front or rear element, no fungus, just perfect lens. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful , great piece! I wish to see shoots taken with this set in Galleries.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm intend to use this set this weekend, if i be able save some time (we are doing some terraforming at home, i'am waking up at 6am and finishing at 10pm Smile). i have one roll of Porst 200 film, which i was using in 90's and want to see it in action in this hi-quality lens. so stay tuned, it will be probably published in oversized gallery. also i'll take at least one roll of Kodak Gold 200.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grrr, looks like some problem in body. works perfectly without film, but when i load one, i cannot shoot. loading works, mettering work, half-way pressed shutter works, but when i "fire" shutter, nothing happens. sometimes. sometimes all works perfectly. i hate those random bugs Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got a manual handy and just read through the basics?...like errors in computers check the cables first... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately i dont have tim to consult manual right now, because iam finishing review of one graphics card (psssssssssst, dont tell anybody, its under NDA! Smile), but its new phenomenon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the manual, Custom setting # 16 : shutter cannot be released if a lens is not attached. Set it to "2 Lock off" and it should work

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

body shoots even without lens, if film is not present Smile.... and of course, i test two lenses ... this tomioka via m42 and kitlens 28-80 - doesnt change anything. but thank you

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw do we look at the same body manual? i have one for 700si printed and there is nothing like you wrote...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 14 of the manual:
• lf " -" appears in the body data panel and viewfinder data panels, lens data is not transmitted to the camera. This happens when no lens is attached to the camera, the lens is not attached properly, lens contacts are dirty, or a non-compatible lens is attached. When film is loaded, the shutter is locked to prevent accidental exposures. lf you want to release shutter under such conditions (eg., when the camera is attached to a telescope), contact your nearest authorized MINOLTA Service Facility.

So the non working shutter is deliberate indeed!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes, thanks. i was investigating it now for some time, this page14 thing might be partially sollution, because i (idiot) forgott, that THIS 700si is new body for me. i have one old with broken small doors, is my fathers body. he probably have this thing off.

but i found another problem. with kitlens, body works sometime and sometime dont. it have times, when constantly switching between af and manual, so there is some problem with contacts between lens and body. iam not right now sure, if it is problem in doby or lens (i need time to test another bodies and lenses - i have both)

shame on me, but i musts right now switch to dynax505si, which have shortest time 1/4000 .... and 1/8000 in 700si is (was - will be again?) THE killer feature right now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be this helps:
http://www.photoimagenews.com/maxlens.htm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, thank you, thank you! you are faster than my googling!

now i just check the "af problem" (sometime later, too much work now)...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob van Sikorski wrote:
btw do we look at the same body manual? i have one for 700si printed and there is nothing like you wrote...

Oops, sorry, mixed-up with a700 digital Sad
But I heard before about that problem. I have a film Dynax at home, don't remember which model, will check when I'm back home.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

several hours ago i finished shooting on two rolls (1x porst200, 1x gold200), tomorrow i'll take films to lab, so in 48 hours, i will put some shoots here at oversized gallery. stay tuned (and prey with me, that body has no focusing problem... Smile)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

package arrived Twisted Evil ...

btw for everyone, who missed it, there is a thread with shoots on porst200: http://forum.mflenses.com/14-photos-on-porst200-with-auto-rikenon-55-1-4-t30527.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice package... Very Happy Looking forward to some nice photos.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first pack of panasonic evoia dies after 20shots in 700si. time to questioning some person in eshop. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The advantage of earlier diappointments is that they can be a help for somebody else!
I have some Minolta bodies, thats why.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is not with body. i tried this batteries in several bodies (700si, another 700si, 505si, even pentax k200D and some flashes - all says same: abtteries are dead). this might be problem with OLD pack, there are no date on packaging. but i have two years ago in my 700si approx 3 years old duracell batteries, partially dead, but even in this status, i was able shooot with then several rolls. those panasonics dies almost instantly (minolta says in manual: 4x alkaline AA = 80 rolls, 1x 2CR5 zinc = 160 roll. and that is HUGE difference Smile)