Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 2.5/90 (52B) + 5D1 Cicada
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 2.5/90 (52B) + 5D1 Cicada Reply with quote

As I sat here downloading photos with windows open because 31C, a Cicada buzzes inside to say hello, looks at me directly into the eyes. Shocked I detached camera from the computer, Cicada turns to pose for a quick snapshot, then buzzes out the window. No kidding!

Say hello to Cicada everybody. Very Happy

1:2 magnification @f/11, heavy crop:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Cicada Very Happy

You must have felt good after managing to capture him IN FOCUS before he left the room.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you torbod! Yes, Very Happy (maybe a little front focused)

You can see aurora there tonight, yes? Big, very big, solar ejection aimed at directly at Earth yesterday is arriving now!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the odds of that?

Since we've been discussing these lenses in the forum lately... I'll see your Tamron Cicada and raise you a Bokina Cicada! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably (pun intended) is safe to say odds are incalculable. Certainly a lucky once-in-a-lifetime conjunction of events, beginning with lens discussions here prompting me to take the lens for a morning spin... I'd say I must have been dreaming without the photo as proof it really happened; unless, of course, I'm dreaming now Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a word for this sort of thing: Serendipity. Congrats on the fortuitous capture.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serendipity, I think not, because I wasn't looking for anything else. Wink Fortuitous? Without doubt! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

You can see aurora there tonight, yes? Big, very big, solar ejection aimed at directly at Earth yesterday is arriving now!

(Focused well enough for the situation)

I didn't know that the aurora was coming. But we have awful weather right know. Rain and cloudy. So it would not be visible anyway. Had thoughts of testing some moon shots, but I'll have to wait for a clear sky.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

torbod wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

(Focused well enough for the situation)

I didn't know that the aurora was coming. But we have awful weather right know. Rain and cloudy. So it would not be visible anyway. Had thoughts of testing some moon shots, but I'll have to wait for a clear sky.

(Very Happy)

Another on the way! In Alberta last night seen through clouds even. See at spaceweather.com Good luck for clear skies...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Serendipity, I think not, because I wasn't looking for anything else. Wink Fortuitous? Without doubt! Very Happy

Details, details Cool The camera was in use for something else. That's good enough to me. Mr. Green