Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon oil?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Pentacon oil? Reply with quote

I suppose this is oil on the blades? Is this serious? What do you suppose this lens is worth? I'm considering. It's a 135mm zebra.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil on blades is OK with preset lenses. But in the reflection I see huge fungus marks in coating. The fungus has been probably cleaned, but the coating of inner lenses surfaces is irreversibly suffered. In this condition and M42 mount is worth 10€ - for the mount alone....

Last edited by BRunner on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On pre-set lens like this pretty normal , doesn't harm anything. It is critical on Auto lenses only. Take it you will love it. I saw best bokeh from this lens in my life.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought those marks on lens were maybe a reflection of the oil. Is that possible or is fungus more likely?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw lens from a different angle and it does look like fungus. Thanks much. It's only about $35, but I don't want fungus.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil reflections certainly not. I already cleaned lenses with fungus and if the coating is harm, it looks exactly like this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
Oil reflections certainly not. I already cleaned lenses with fungus and if the coating is harm, it looks exactly like this.

+1

for 35 USD I take this lens anyway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
BRunner wrote:

+1

for 35 USD I take this lens anyway

I wouldn't bother. The coatings are damaged badly enough for visible loss of contrast.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let it go, but I did like all those aperture blades.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was mistake. Big secret regarding Pentacons (and Meyers) is that grease inside lens forms structures on inner glass elements that looks exactly like scratches. They can be cleaned completely with ease and without any remains. I've bought few lenses for nearly nothing knowing that. Just ask seller if the ugly thing is on inner side. If outside glass is undamaged then it is most probably such case. Buy the lens if you are familiar with repair basics.