Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Smile...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Smile... Reply with quote

Canon5dm2, EF1.4/24l
Double

Forbidden

Shy

Pride

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love these, really wonderful. did you shoot in raw and then convert to mono or did you shoot in mono jpeg? just great results however you did it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great photos!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great serie of portraits Wojtek, like the man's one , and the 1st.

i noticed that the jpeg b&w is very good, at least for me, especially at night

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
i noticed that the jpeg b&w is very good, at least for me, especially at night

I agree. Lots of tungsten and red/yellow light, which looks great when converted to black & white

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shots! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! You've made my day.
I am going to answer questions. Only man's portrait is captured in RAW.
First, second and last one is taken as jpg 5Mb. I am taking shots in color only. I think, that it is always time to do conversion to mono. I convert to mono always the same way. I use desaturation, then improve using curves, then contrast /brightness. After - curves again, adding some yellows and reds - instead of using duotone. Sometimes I make some changes by applying shadows/highlights or noise. In some cases I do kind degradation of quality, to develop photo certain way. This is against soul of photography but I feel I have to do it. Sample below is an example of it. This woman is great in color too. But I couldn't stop her from smiling. I love it and want to set it as "my style" in photography. I am totally bored with flowers, landscape, cityscape, birds, butterfly etc. Blurred, noisy, desaturated many different ways - this settle me closer to analog photography, old style one. And I am allowed to do everything quicker to avoid spending hours in darkroom (which I love too).
Those photos were taken with EF1.2/85L, @1.2, ISO4000, jpg 5Mb, no flash

Other shot in color taken few minutes later, all settings like above with different light, yellow street lamp.

Please, do not write about noise, in my opinion is not acceptable but gives "red-had" woman special mood.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images and effects.