Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 20mm f4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Takumar 20mm f4.5 Reply with quote

Any experience ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://kajiwara.weebly.com/takumar-2045.html
Not an extremely good performer...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soft wide open....more than enough barrel distortion... only had it for a short while..had to sell it at great profit (it is rare here) to save for some Zeiss , i liked the colour it reproduced , stopped down for wide landscapes it is great in my view
Only used it on crop cam , so cannot comment on corner sharpness

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experience without another 20mm to compare, yes Wink. f/4.5 maximum. Gerjan says barrel distortion in middle, pincushion in corners, difficult for PP to correct, worse than late version 3.5/15. I have not noticed the distortion in landscape photos, maybe I don't look enough.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked I did expect better opinions, I bought one today. Let we see how it is works on 2x crop camera I think 2x crop will cure most troubles.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This had been designed for a 24x36mm area. This must be used on a 24x36 area Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
This had been designed for a 24x36mm area. This must be used on a 24x36 area Twisted Evil

No, no I am fine 2x crop camera. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fine with the K100D. Now I love the 5D and its real sensor Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
I was fine with the K100D. Now I love the 5D and its real sensor Twisted Evil

Yes, I know , I still use slide if need real sensor an 5D would be nice of course , I think I will get one , question is only when and what camera. I still keep an Olympus OM 18mm f3.5 lens for my 5D. Seriously I really amazed by Provia and some good combo like Pentax 645+Flektogon 50mm or Bessa L 15mm than any 5D.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is always usable. Here shots with FF Canon - unfortunately weather wasn´t very good.

Due to use of an adapter exifs shows wrong focal length.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than ok to me , thank you Rolf!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you got a good copy Attila, I had two of them and they were both lemons!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Hope you got a good copy Attila, I had two of them and they were both lemons!

Quite common infinity is not set well either on cameras and on single lenses too. It was lemon at infinity or at all distance ? My copy is fine at both I did make already some shoots.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Quite common infinity is not set well either on cameras and on single lenses too. It was lemon at infinity or at all distance ? My copy is fine at both I did make already some shoots.

I sold one copy and my brother in law has the other one as I don't use it - but as I recall, both were disappointing in every sense (focus issues and lack of sharpness - even though they focused to infinity on the 20D and 5D). Will go through the archives and see if I can find some of the test shots I took and post them. If not, will retrieve the 2nd copy and test it out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here 2 shots with Pana G1.

I think not too bad.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These - and the ones above - are great samples Rolf, and make me think I should try this lens again Wink

Rolf wrote:
I think not too bad.

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the softness wide open and barrel, pincushion distortions this morning Also vignetting in corners.

after dawn this morning, river fog (5D1, ISO 100, f/9.5, 1/8 sec):

(camera was level; the fog is tilted!)