Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZ Flektogon 35mm f/2.4 - Broken A/M Switch Input Please
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: CZ Flektogon 35mm f/2.4 - Broken A/M Switch Input Please Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I found a Carl Zeiss Flektagon 35mm f/2.4, which I´ve heard is a great MF lens, but it has the A/M switch broken.

Is this a big problem or is it still usable manually?

Thank you,

Diogo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If blades move with aperture ring it is fully usable on digital bodies and with little inconvenience on film bodies too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the lens seems to have a moveable aperture ring, pretty sure its functional since the seller doesn´t refer anything else as being broken.

Thank you for your reply!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say more about what exactly is broken? I had mine "break" twice. The problem I'm familiar with exists with all the lenses as it's a flaw in the way it's designed. If the switch gets moved to halfway in between auto and manual, the lever inside will slip out of its sleeve when you change apertures. It isn't hard to fix. Then I recommend placing something at the switch to prevent it from moving.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have mentioned that when this happens, the diaphragm will close but not open.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the A/M switch is loose and moves freely I think you could be missing a ball bearing. Should be easy to find the problem once you open her up.