Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

INA 180mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: INA 180mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

Only because it was cheap... <$20 shipped. Seems to have quite a few blades to the diaphragm, creating a pretty good circle. Other than that, probably average quality. It too will join my stash of lenses overseas until they're shipped to me later this month.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of those in the Soligor brand. It was really pretty nice stopped down to f4+. The preset type aperture has 15 blades and stays perfectly round as you stop down.

Good find. They don't come up often.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since f/4 is only a half stop from open, not bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Share some examples when you get it, not many people know this lens including me Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Well, since f/4 is only a half stop from open, not bad.

Well that was a nicer way of saying it was not that great wide open at f3.5! Smile

I kind of wish I hadn't sold mine because it was a very unique (And little) 180mm lens. It was very narrow in diameter if I recall.

Here's what the aperture on mine looked like:

I honestly don't have any samples I can guarantee are from this lens, but I remember it was good, but not great.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At f/3.5 I won't be surprised at it being a small diameter. Love that circular diaphragm. I'll certainly do a walk-around with the lens and share results here. Included in that package, I will also be getting Helios 44M-7, 2x Jupiter 11(M42), and a Cyclops.