Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura 105mm f2.8?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Komura 105mm f2.8? Reply with quote

Guys - there are few Komura 105/2.8 on eBay but I'm having hard time figuring out their mount.

The sellers don't mention the mount and the pictures are not very clear.

They seem to be a screw mount but I'm not sure if they are m39 (Leica
mount) or M42. I have a Komura 105/2.5 and it's an M42 but through some researches it seems to me that the 105/2.8 is only available in m39 mount.

Can someone please confirm?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any links to any of these on ebay?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to tell -

Komura M39 mount has an inner brass ring - inside the M39 screw. The whole ring moves when the lens is focused. Many other makers M39 lenses had a probe, but not Komura.

Komura M42, that I have seen, don't have the brass ring inside the mount.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:
Do you have any links to any of these on ebay?

Like this one

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
One way to tell -

Komura M39 mount has an inner brass ring - inside the M39 screw. The whole ring moves when the lens is focused. Many other makers M39 lenses had a probe, but not Komura.

Komura M42, that I have seen, don't have the brass ring inside the mount.

OK so I guess this one Click here to see on Ebay is M39 then

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both those links are unavailable to me.

These two are definitely a leica mount -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOMURA-Lens-105mm-1-2-8-w-flash-shoe-viewer-Sankyo-Kohki-Japan-/260855474220?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3cbc32a82c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sankyo-Kohki-f-Leic-2-105mm-Komura-lens-/230649808428?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b3ccc62c

You can see the brass ring. at the end of the mount.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

These two are definitely a leica mount -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOMURA-Lens-105mm-1-2-8-w-flash-shoe-viewer-Sankyo-Kohki-Japan-/260855474220?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3cbc32a82c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sankyo-Kohki-f-Leic-2-105mm-Komura-lens-/230649808428?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b3ccc62c

You can see the brass ring. at the end of the mount.

The first link is the one I wanted to show. So you just confirmed it was a Leica mount.

Is there any way to use those on DSLR without losing infinity?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Duc and Luis, when you use the Ebay button, just put the item number between the tags, not the full URL. I've edited the links for you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Quote:

Duc and Luis, when you use the Ebay button, just put the item number between the tags, not the full URL. I've edited the links for you.

My bad. Thanks, Peter!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ducdao wrote:
So you just confirmed it was a Leica mount.

Is there any way to use those on DSLR without losing infinity?

Not on your Pentax cams. You can definitely use them with the Sony Nex E-mount cameras with an adapter, not sure about 4/3.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Komura lenses have removable mounts, so they can be changed to M42. If you already have an M42 105mm, you might be able to use that mount. However, I discovered with the 135mm Komuras that the mounts aren't always interchangeable; I bount a f3.5 model expecting to use the mount on my f/2.8, which came with an Exakta mount, but they were different threads. As it turned out, the f/3.5 may be a little better anyway.

Why would you want the f/2.8 when you already have the f/2.5? The one you have is quite a good lens.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
The Komura lenses have removable mounts, so they can be changed to M42. If you already have an M42 105mm, you might be able to use that mount. However, I discovered with the 135mm Komuras that the mounts aren't always interchangeable; I bount a f3.5 model expecting to use the mount on my f/2.8, which came with an Exakta mount, but they were different threads. As it turned out, the f/3.5 may be a little better anyway.

Why would you want the f/2.8 when you already have the f/2.5? The one you have is quite a good lens.

One word, LBA Smile

This is not uncommon to me, in fact I have several lenses that are duplicated and identical in term of focal length and speed. For example, I love the Pentax K50 f1.4 so much that I have 5 copies of it. Same with Takumar 85/f1.9 which I 'only' have 3 copies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Komura lenses have removable mounts. Many however do not.

The Leica screw mount models with rangefinder coupling didn't have this sort of mount. They were made specifically for the rangefinder application, inside and out. At best they had removable lens heads.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:

This is an L39 Leica mount lens. If you wanted to convert it to M42 to use on 4/3 or NEX there's no need to remove the mount - just use a 39-42 converter ring. But as I said, there's no way it can be used on a Pentax DSLR.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ducdao wrote:
One word, LBA Smile

This is not uncommon to me, in fact I have several lenses that are duplicated and identical in term of focal length and speed. For example, I love the Pentax K50 f1.4 so much that I have 5 copies of it. Same with Takumar 85/f1.9 which I 'only' have 3 copies...

I suppose LBA affects its victims to varying degrees. I resisted at first, but then succumbed to a lower level than most on this forum. I'm still struggling with having more than one lens at a specific focal length. Thank goodness the Tair is 133mm Wink I really don't have a lot of duplication, and I'd like to sell more where I do; I'm just not as good at selling. The Komura is a brand that I've fallen in love with for a few reasons; build quality; round aperture; color rendering; bokeh; and relatively low CA. For whatever reason, the Komura lenses on ebay are outrageously expensive in most cases, but the occasional good deal does come along. But aside from a few names that I like, I would like to get down to one or two lenses in any focal length. I've also been successful in not spending over $100 for any single lens.

P.S. I have a lot of 135mm lenses to sell. Somehow they collect more easily.