Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 135mm f3.5 preset M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 135mm f3.5 preset M42 Reply with quote

I always had great experience with Vivitar lenses, especially the Series 1 and macro lenses. However, I didn't know what to to expect for this lens until I gave it a chance and to be frank, I'm really impressed by it.

Boked is really nice and sharp wide open, and most importantly I got it for $10 or so.

One more by daoleduc, on Flickr

Too bright by daoleduc, on Flickr

Happy by daoleduc, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good performance !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! There are few version of Vivitar 3.5/135mm which one you have T-mount?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the preset was before the manfacturer numbering system? There is a later f/2.8 auto that is also excellent.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most 135mm lenses what I did try was excellent even noname ones like Sears 135mm f2.8 , subject , light can help a lot even for poor lenses. I like especially last picture.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I suppose the preset was before the manfacturer numbering system? There is a later f/2.8 auto that is also excellent.

Yes, this was made before. Serial is 201573 so it doesn't fit the known manufacturing numbering. I have no no idea who made this lens. Probably Tokina.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a couple pictures of the lens?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Can you post a couple pictures of the lens?

Here are some quick shots of the lens mounted on my Pentax K10D.