Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Planar : a truly evil creation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Planar : a truly evil creation Reply with quote

Hi to all

Another trip with the evil combo 5D and Zeiss 50mm Planar.
All i can say is ...... meh Very Happy . Seriously it's a fantastic lens.

Apart the b&w conversion of the 3rd, some pix are also slightly "blackened" ( that's my Metallica tribute ^.^ ) in Lightroom.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, specially the first one.
I love the Planar, nice lens.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice landsacpe Simon, the BW also cool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

death wrote:
nice landsacpe Simon, the BW also cool

+1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the input misters.

Ok i'd like to have a small advice, i had already some at home concerning this and it was said "normal" Very Happy. Basically i applied a "color positive" filter in Lightroom, which should or equals a slide film one, but i may be wrong, also some light filling and blackening. Does this image looks "real" or totally crap to you ? thanx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what time it is when you took the photo Smile I like the first one, but I admit that the colous miss some saturation. The second one must be really good printed, but on screen, it's a bit too much. If I go into detail: the colors look like end of afternoon when the sky is a mid-day one

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work!Like #3 and #4 Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylyad : the pic was taken at about 21.00 so for me as well colors are a bit too much ! this one is intended to be printed
karabud : dzieki , i mean thanx Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then the colours of the second version look realistic, especially the trees. The first version definitely looks more than mid-day.

And on second view, when looking at the second version first, it looks OK Smile