Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Taïr 3A + Tk2M with Canon 5DMk2 and 40D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Taïr 3A + Tk2M with Canon 5DMk2 and 40D Reply with quote

Hello.
I tried the Taïr 3A grand prix brussels 1958 + Tk2M russian doubler on my new 5D MkII and then decided to compare with it on the 40D.

All shots handheld from the same point of view.
Taïr-3A 300mm opened at 4.5 or 5.6 = 600mm 9 or 11.2 because of the doubler. Hood mounted.
Iso 800 on the 5D MkII.
Iso 400 on the 40D to limit noise.

Here we go.
For each picture, first shot with the 5D MkII, second with the 40D.
You can click on each picture to open it in higher resolution.

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

So...
I was amazed by the clarity of the 5D viewfinder !
The 40D was a dark hole in comparison and it was very difficult to make the point, maybe because of the EF-S matting screen that I have on it.
It seems that the hood creates "vignetting" on the 5D.
There is quite no noise with the 5D MkII at Iso 800. That's not the case with the 40D and ven at Iso 400 there's more noise than the 5D MkII at 800. I could have tried the 5D MkII at higher Iso such as 1600 or 3200.
It's interesting to look at the differences between the APS-C and Full Frame view angles. I couldn't understand what full frame owners meant until I got this 5D MkII. I hope these comparisons would help APS-C friends to apprhend these differences.
About the old Taïr-3A, I find it has a very good quality. Don't forget the TK2M doubler too. I was surprised of the images' quality with this set.

Well, what do you think ?

I'll try some other stuffs for fun in the next future. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion doubler ruined pictures pretty much. Tair can be very sharp.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 5dMkII + Tair3A works the best. Very Happy although they all have a "pastel" quality.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was handheld with speed 1/80 for 600mm. So, I agree with you Attila, the Tair is sharp.
Yes Moïra, the 5D did it better.

I'll try without doubler and with a pod.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy seeing samples of these relatively rare lenses. Thanks Olivier

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
I really enjoy seeing samples of these relatively rare lenses. Thanks Olivier

patrickh

You're welcome Patrickh Very Happy