Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bidding on a Tokina Vivitar 28/2.8 ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Bidding on a Tokina Vivitar 28/2.8 ... Reply with quote

... at Goodwill. It has the original case. Who knows if it is as good or better than the pics show? Still, if I can get it for cheap ...
I figure it will be better than decent since it is made by Tolkina. I need a good wide-angle for a project. It will be shot on a tripod, so stopping down is no problem.
What say you about quality?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tokina should be a decent enough lens if you can get ir for a good price. The Komine version is superb.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have only Komine versions as well (but would think the Tokina version would be just as good)...two 28mm f2.8 close focus and one ordinary. The close focus version is more versatile, and although I haven't done any tests to compare with my other makes of lenses, can give the thumbs up for results from these lenses......on my film cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ex ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not get it; outbid ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
Did not get it; outbid ...

Get a recent Olympus Zuiko 28/2.8 instead; it's quite cheap but extremely nice. The most recent version reads simply "Zuiko", and not "G.Zuiko" (or whatever the first letter was). I believe it'll be better than the Tokina.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this thread on the Pentax Forums, there's a lot of good information there which might be useful to non Pentax users of the Vivivtar 28mm lens.

There are so many different variations it makes buying them a minefield.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/56451-great-vivitar-28mm-bestiary.html