Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FL 85-300 f5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Canon FL 85-300 f5 Reply with quote

Anyone have experience with this lens? I guess it's simple coating and should have problems with backlight.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I owned one for a short time about 20 years ago. That was back in my days as a camera dealer. I'd acquired a large FL outfit and that zoom was in it. It's about the size of a bazooka, but it's nice having the constant f/5 aperture. It also uses a plunger to stop the lens down rather than a ring, and has an integral tripod mount. All FL lenses had single coatings, so they didn't handle flare as well as more modern multi-coated lenses do. But if you pay attention to the position of the sun or other light sources, it shouldn't be a big problem. I recall shooting some test images with it and they came out better than I expected. That's about all I remember about it, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, tomorrow I'll see one of these. I'm still not decided.