Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

nikon ais 20mm 2.8?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: nikon ais 20mm 2.8? Reply with quote

nikon ais 20mm 2.8 is fit to canon 5d mark 2?
please help me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea , but isn't too deep. So I guess yes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/ais2028.jpg
Why not? It should work good, all you need is the adapter Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/ais2028.jpg
Why not? It should work good, all you need is the adapter Very Happy

I think we need someone to answer properly Wink I just bought a 20/4 AI and the rear fin is so big the lens won't even mount onto my 5D, so if the AIS 20/2.8 is anything like it, the lens will need surgery Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

help me please

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the movie guys are using Nikon lenses quite a lot on the MkII. Try Google. Here's an example...

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-5d-mk-ii-hd/142578-how-many-non-canon-lenses-have-you-purchased-your-5d-mk-ii-video-needs.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameraquest in Los Angeles (USA) makes one of the better Nikon>EOS adapters on the market. This should be the solution to the problem:

http://cameraquest.com/adaptnew.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james wrote:
Cameraquest in Los Angeles (USA) makes one of the better Nikon>EOS adapters on the market. This should be the solution to the problem:

It really won't help if the flange is as huge as the one on the 20/4 Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the lens Laughing its not pre-AI or AI, its AIS Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

the lens that i want buy is a nikon ais 20 2.8.
is ok for 5d mark 2 o a problem of mirror look of 5d mk2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found a photo of the rear of the 20/2.8 AiS...you might need to do some grinding on that tab Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Thats a stump! Laughing easy grind though. I have several with stump removal already.
Nothing to fear soleto, just dont scratch the rear element.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

are you sure?
can you post a shot taken 5d 2 and 20mm 2.8 nikon
thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered one for using with my 5DmkII, and I'll definitely post here when it arrives. I don't think there will be a problem with the flange though; my 28/3.5 AIS has a flange about this size, and no problem mounting it. I had to file the flange on 50/2 Ai and 28/3.5 "K" lenses though by about 2mm (which is a lot of sanding).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update about the 20/4 Ai - I have unscrewed the metal rear plate with the sticky outy bits and the lens functions perfectly on my 5D now! Yay! So it looks like they can all be used with a bit of tweaking Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james wrote:

200$ with shipping, that's a lot of money for an adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Just an update about the 20/4 Ai - I have unscrewed the metal rear plate with the sticky outy bits and the lens functions perfectly on my 5D now! Yay! So it looks like they can all be used with a bit of tweaking Wink

Did you unscrew the mount and then that black "rear plate"? Doesn't that leave the aperture mechanism exposed for dust etc.? I just took a dremel and cut off the thinner part of that fin and then made it smooth with some sandpaper (for metal).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

photo.........

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

Did you unscrew the mount and then that black "rear plate"? Doesn't that leave the aperture mechanism exposed for dust etc.? I just took a dremel and cut off the thinner part of that fin and then made it smooth with some sandpaper (for metal).

I didn't unscrew the mount, just the black rear plate. This is attached to the silver mount with three tiny screws. The aperture spring is exposed, but nothing else I think (will check later). I will probably tape across it or something Smile Didn't want to physically damage the lens Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My AIS 20mm f/2.8 has arrived. I'm happy to report that the lens fits my 5DmkII without any modification. No infinity problems, no mirror clearance issues, no issues whatsoever.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

can you post a photo whith your 5dmark2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

soleto enrico wrote:
can you post a photo whith your 5dmark2

I definitely will. Just need a couple of days to go for an outing with the lens. I expect better results than with http://www.prime35.com/arsat-h-20mm-f-2-8/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the Nikkor 20/2.8 out. Compared to the Arsat-H 20/2.8, the results are interesting. The Nikkor is clearly much sharper wide open; after that, it reaches its sharpest aperture about 1-1.5 stops faster than the Arsat. It's already very sharp by f/4 in the center and mid-corners; far corners are sharp by f/5.6; extreme corners by f/8.

With the Arsat, extreme corners become sharp at f/11, but even then the very last mm's are soft.

The Nikkor has less distortion, although the character is similar (moustache type).

The Arsat appears to have cooler colors.

To much surprise, the Arsat handles flare better (!) than the Nikkor, and has less ghosting. I'll post a full review soon in my blog with samples of that; the Nikkor is pretty bad in this respect, showing visible ghosting with the sun in the frame.

Sample pics (mostly f/8-11):

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice work aoleg, this should help out soleto Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

yes, its very sharp lens, i buy it..
thanks for pics