Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 55mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Vivitar 55mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Any one have experience with this lens- these two are the only images I have ,it would have been of help if I had the serial numbers visible . Very Happy
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Komine made from the grip style but could be a Kiron or a Tokina. Never owned that one myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After extensively searching I cannot find anything like this one which obviously does not say Macro on it. The only 55mm f2.8s in Vivitar I have read about are Macro. You dont think this could be macro do you- the front element is sunk in deep and all.

Thanks for your reply Big Dawg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number on the front is 96203848--is that Cosina made? Is it any good?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read years back some reviews on other forums.
Not very happy people I may say.

Try to get a hold of its twin brother. The macro one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same idea as Ricoh 55mm 2.8 with turning the aperture ring the other way to have manual setting.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 9 should be a Cosina. Found another one on Ebay. It has the 9 serial number as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low cost "kit lens" option on the Cosina made Vivitar SLR's from the 1970's.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Himself, Minolfan, Big Dawg and luisalegria for your inputs -I won't be pursuing this lens. I was thinking maybe it was a Schneider made lens before the seller gave me the serial number.

Regards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens made by Komie. An excellently sharp lens that goes to 1:1 though the working distance is limited for the macros Here are some pics shot with this lens

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colors & details. I like the third image best.