Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta SRT-101 w/58mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Minolta SRT-101 w/58mm f1.4 Reply with quote

Hi there: I was perusing Craigslist and lo, one of these popped up for $20. I called the fellow who said it was in great condition, and it sure is. Came with a fabulous case. An SRT-101 was my first SLR, which I used until my last year in J-school when I could finally afford Nikon gear. I haven't got the light meter working yet but will fashion a battery of some sort for it.

If it works well enough, I might buy one wide angle and one telephoto for it. Any ideas for those?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good buy.......A camera that is tough and does the job, the lens is very good as well when stopped down.
For me I prefer something more modern and use the X-700, and as for other lenses it would be cheaper (except for the Minolta MD 28mm), to get an ensinor 24mm or Vivitar 28mm close focus or even a Kiron 28mm-105 zoom, nice Tamrons as well (check with forum for specific ones)....well I use em and am happy with the results.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one too.

The viewfinder is so clear I bought another one defect, dissassembled it, removed the focusing screen and cut it to fit my Samsung GX-1s.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid, pickup truck rig ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read very good things about the MC rokkor 3,5/135 (I had the MD version) and the MC rokkor 4/200. As you have the 58 mm, the 200 can be the correct option.
Wide angle? Well, I used the MD 2,8/35 and it's a good lens.
I guess you will look for a 28mm or wide lens.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you look up the definition of "workhorse," you're likely to see an SRT101 pictured. Looks like a very clean find.

One thing I'd recommend you do, based on seeing the damage done to dozens and dozens of cameras caused by them, is to take that strap off and keep it far, far away from the camera. Those large clips on the sides dig into the top of the camera and cause severe brassing. If you buy the small leather spacers with rings on each end and mount those between the camera and the strap, they help -- but they're almost impossible to find anymore these days.