Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[SOLD] Leica Super-Elmar-R 3.5/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: [SOLD] Leica Super-Elmar-R 3.5/15 Reply with quote

for sale: Super-Elmar-R 3.5/15

it's a bit strange i have to admit...

this lens is on the way to me. i could get it for a really fair price. but today my car insurance offered me what i have to pay (had a small accident some weeks ago) if i don't want to pay much higher rates for the next years.

so i have to sell some of my gear. if not, i'll be bankrupt soon.

these are pics, the seller sent me. he said it is in mint condition except some tiny traces of use at the hood. both original caps included. i will have it here on saturday or monday. i will post some self made pics and additional description as soon as possible.

if you are interested, pm me! I am open to your offers!

i already sold a CZ Tele-Tessar to "hk300" here. (perhaps you can post you experiences, alex!?)
and this is my ebay account:
http://feedback.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=unhomme&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

Last edited by supahmario on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here the pictures from the seller i bought it from. own pics following!

seems that he couldn't find the wb setting! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

today the lens arrived. and it is exactly as described. except: the mentioned traces of use are not found at the lens hood but at the front lens cap. which is much better Wink

the aperture is full working, no scratches, no cleaning marks, no fungus. the included filter mechanism also works fine. focusing works smooth! the whole barrel looks quite unused

for me this lens is an A-
the only traces of use are found on the front lens cap and very slight traces on the rubber grip (for focusing).

i am offering this lens for: 1300,-€ (+shipping, +paypal fees)

i am yet in negotiation with meister-camera here in berlin to sell it for commission. they would sell it for 1700€ and charge me 25% sales commission. i am not the greatest fan of them 'caus of their high prices. so i still offer it to you. if no one is interested till friday, i will have to bring it to them.

at the moment i am in a hurry. but tomorrow i'll try to take some shots myself, to show the fine condition with self made pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario is a great seller Very Happy . Too bad i don't have the money, otherwise i would buy this lens as well from him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
supahmario wrote:
darmodej wrote:
This looks like a great lens: Zeiss meets Leitz (: ..could you post some pics made with it also?

this lens works great with my film camera (eos30), caus it has a shaved mirror. as far as i have no scanner, this would take too long.

but i can try to make some shots with the 5D with close focusing.

Be careful - it is written within the net that the mirror of your 5D must be shaved too.

Wink

no fear, i compared and measured the bayonet of my summicron to be sure how far i can focus without mirror problems on my 5D.

btw: thanks @ admin

Last edited by supahmario on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Obsidian.

A lot of the members here are bargain hunters for MF lenses. Some members are better than others.

Lot of members managed to source these MF lenses below market price and they list them here also below market price with some 'profit' to cover the time and effort they spent to find the lens, service the lens, etc.

If someone is selling a lens too expensive here, usually either it will not be sold or someone will give a friendly hint. Though I have no ideal about the the going price for the R3.5/15, my feel is supahmario has not set a ridiculously high price on it.

Obsidian, if you have more lens and you wish to sell it here perhaps you can start another thread and put them there?

(Moderator, you might also want to remove my post) Smile

Last edited by my_photography on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find, supahmario and nice of you to offer it here (at a lower price) before selling somewhere else. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:

Obsidian, if you have more lens and you wish to sell it here perhaps you can start another thread and put them there?

... this is the way to make everybody happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so,... i took pictures of the beauty today...

on the last shot, the hood looks a bit nibbled off at the edge caus of the high lighted cloth i used for the background.

Last edited by supahmario on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could buy it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this lens is still for sale!

today i brought it to http://www.meister-camera.com/berlin/ for commission. at the moment it is not yet listed there, but the price will be 1695,-€. if anyone of you is interested in buying it directly from me, i can retrieve it without any problems.

price here is still 1300,-€ (+shipping, + paypal fees)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried it on a fullframe?
I would love to see pictures taken with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful lens. I wish I had the money for it. GLWS.
cheers,
-roham-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Have you tried it on a fullframe?
I would love to see pictures taken with it.

i did not try on my unshaved 5D, 'caus the mirror will hit the back surface. this lens can be modified by sanding or cutting the metal lip at the back surface. then it should work.

here some samples taken with a Super-Elmar-R 3.5/15...
http://www.dffe.at/winsoft/weitwinkel/page-tunesien008.html
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/data/2001/09/01/html/zm_20010901.4.4.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sold