Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica MR-Telyt-R 8/500 with Leitax bayonet
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Leica MR-Telyt-R 8/500 with Leitax bayonet Reply with quote

Hi,

received today few new Leitax bayonets. Here my first conversion with the lens above (5 minutes) and few first shots.

Nikon D700 & Leica MR Teleyt-R 8/500 @ 200 ISO handhelded, distance approx. 10 m

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice! Lovely colors , excellent sharpness.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila. It´s really a pleasure to work with this combo - much better than with Canon and adapter. I have to say that I´m very happy with this solution.

Here a first test shot with my next conversion - Telyt 4/250. Works perfect.

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, perfect indeed. In my opinion Nikon always made better cameras than Canon or anybody else.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and here last few images with Telyt 6.8/400 with Leitax bayonetat ISO 1600.
Distance between 10 and 15 m

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow ! these are superb.. !

Superb Leica and Nikon blend..

tf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Rolf, great results and these Leica lenses mounted on the D700 are definitively a great combo Very Happy .....The Telyt 4/250 looks like also a very very fine lens Shocked ...
The only prb with Leica lenses, it's the rarity on the second hands market and of course the prices .........

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Yes Rolf, great results and these Leica lenses mounted on the D700 are definitively a great combo Very Happy .....The Telyt 4/250 looks like also a very very fine lens Shocked ...
The only prb with Leica lenses, it's the rarity on the second hands market and of course the prices .........

Thank you.

If you look at German ebay you will find many of the Leica-R lenses. Of course the prices are higher than for other lenses - but at the end in the same league than CZ for example.

And the quality is still fantastic - not only the IQ. Noone of my Leica lenses is younger than 30 years and they work and perform as of the first day.

So better one Leica lens than 2 cheaper other lenses.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rolf"]
pich900 wrote:

So better one Leica lens than 2 cheaper other lenses.
Wink

Yes agree with you and tomorrow, I should received my second Leica lens , the cron 2/90mm (E55) Very Happy ....I hope I will be as happy with this lens as with the 8/500 ......

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning shots Rolf,

The Leicas on the Nikon look stunning. I have the 250/4, i have not achieved the same sharpness as you yet. Did you use mirror lockup for these shots, or does the magnificent viewfinder on the Nikon make your life easier?

I look forward to more shots.

Do you have a 180/3.4 APO? I would be interested in seeing any images you have using it. It is one of my favourite lenses, a benefit is it is very compact and light, especially compared to the 250/4.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:
Stunning shots Rolf,

The Leicas on the Nikon look stunning. I have the 250/4, i have not achieved the same sharpness as you yet. Did you use mirror lockup for these shots, or does the magnificent viewfinder on the Nikon make your life easier?

I look forward to more shots.

Do you have a 180/3.4 APO? I would be interested in seeing any images you have using it. It is one of my favourite lenses, a benefit is it is very compact and light, especially compared to the 250/4.

Thank you Steve.

The shot with the 4/250 was handhelded, nothing special and wide open.
I didn´t own the 3.4/180 APO, I own only the 4/180 (also converted to Nikon) and the 2.8/180 still with Leica mount. Need some lenses for my R7 Very Happy

Next lens which I will convert will be the 2.8/60 macro - but still thinking whether I should convert the lens itself or the extension tube for this lens instead.

Advantage would be that I have then a real macro lens for Nikon and a "medium" makro lens for my Leica R7. On the other side the 60er macro could be used as a normal lens if I would convert this. Have read that the IQ isn´t too bad.

What do you think about this ?

Wink

PS Just read in a nother thread that you have converted the bayonet of your cam from Sigma to Leica. Maybe that this way produce the missing sharpness ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rolf,

In theory, the replacement mount on my SD14 should be better than any adapter, similar in a way to the leitax conversions you have just done.

I think my biggest problem is my attitude and ability for post processing. With the Foveon sensor i don't apply sharpening as a rule, and i tend to ruin images trying to process them so i tend to only do WB and curves.

I am looking to add another body to augment the Sigma. I love the camera but it is very limited. I have had the use of a 1DsIII, 5DII and a friend has just bought a D3s, that i hope to have a quick look at.

I will probably end up trying to find a second hand 1DsIII when the mkIV gets released. The 1D build quality is attractive to me as i take my camera on my motorbike, so something durable is desirable. The Canon will also allow me to use my Leica lenses, so i will get the best of both worlds.

I have the 60/2.8 and a Leica Bellows, i love the 60/2.8, it is great as a general walk around lens and is incredibly sharp. You have a tough decision, however based on the results with the 700, how often will you use the R7?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent colours - i did a big mistake not to buy your 250mm while you offered it... Sad