Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porst 55mm 1:1.2 and Fujinon 135mm f2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! It's my first post here so hello Smile

I would like to ask you a question what you think about:
- Porst 55mm 1:1.2
- Fujinon 135mm 1:2.5

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome ! I did make an own thread from your post.

I had Porst 55mm f1.2 good lens , sharpness also ok at wide open , but nothing special. I don't know nothing about Fujinon I just heard they are nice ones.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Porst 55/1.2, and compared it to the SMC Pentax 50/1.2 : the Pentax has a smoother bokeh (Porst's bokeh is also a bit more difficult to handle), slightly better contrast, sharpness seems to be very close, it is hard to say which lens is better on my 6MPix sensor. The Porst is IMO woth having it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ernest. I'm watching that Porst too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernest: That Fujinon you see is way too expensive. Even the f3.5 on there seems high.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fujinon is a very nice lens (most of them are), I'd rate it better than e.g. Takumar equivalents. Price depends on the deal you find; I seem to have accumulated two of the EBC Fujinon 135mm f/2.5's without even trying. But if it's expensive nowadays, I'll probably sell the extra one… =)

The Porst I haven't tried but based on samples I've seen it's more of a novelty lens with potentially interesting (but not smooth) bokeh wide open, but poor sharpness wide open and at other apertures same or worse than much cheaper f/1.4 lenses. Wouldn't pay much for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernest wrote:
Hi everyone! It's my first post here so hello Smile

I would like to ask you a question what you think about:
- Porst 55mm 1:1.2
- Fujinon 135mm 1:2.5

Thanks!

Are you talking about M42 or PK mount Porst? According to what I read those are completely different lenses with diffferent optical formula, the first one with 7 elements is made by Tomioka and the second one with 6 elements is probably made by Cosina.