Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

a superb tele lens ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: a superb tele lens ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm looking for a real good telelens 300 to 400mm - maybe a bit more.
As i own several Camera Systems (C/Y, OM, Leica-R) there are some interesting pieces of glass, but all of them are 'good old ladies' as the Zuiko 4.5/300 or the Leica ones - or they are exorbitant expensive - as the APO's from Zuiko or Leica. As Apocromatics and better software have increased optical quality (e.g. CA) the old ones eems to suffer from mising performance.
Using a Elmarit 3.4/180 & a fitting 1.4x converter seems to be an option - even a bit pricy.
Anybody a hint? Tamron adaptall maybe? There are nowadays some new designed not so fast telelenses for AF-Systems - they wouldn't fit ...
My son 'harvested' my Tamron 500 Mirror - was quiet OK - but not thrilling as you can't stop down ... the SP 5.6/350 is sooo rare ;o(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can hunt for a Sigma 300/4 or 400/5.6 apo macro, if you can find one in the mount you need. Canon is a problem because only the HSM or D (digital) versions give you AF and aperture control. You can use a Nikon version in full manual mode though.
These are great lenses, but not incredibly cheap.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: a superb tele lens ? Reply with quote

triton76 wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for a real good telelens 300 to 400mm - maybe a bit more.

Are you ruling out the mirror lenses?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Mirror Reply with quote

if u'd find a Mirror Lens with better contrast as the wellknown Tamron 8/500 - the reason I'd like to get a another lens

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Mirror Reply with quote

triton76 wrote:
if u'd find a Mirror Lens with better contrast as the wellknown Tamron 8/500 - the reason I'd like to get a another lens

Carl Zeiss Mirrotar and Carl Zeiss Jena 500mm f4 have better contrast and much faster too. Rolf did post here Leica mirror pictures also better than Tamron.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, AF. Sigma 1:4 100-300.
My one and only Sigma lens (except the swiss-knife Ebay-shooting 18-200 OS) I've kept! All other lenses were sold again...

Klaus