Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Biometar 80mm f2.8 zebra Exakta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Biometar 80mm f2.8 zebra Exakta Reply with quote

This Exakta mounted Biometars are pretty rare , so I happy to see this new kid in my collection.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is somewhat older (7194816) but has no zebra outfit. Don't now how you call that type. Nice lense indead.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Mine is somewhat older (7194816) but has no zebra outfit. Don't now how you call that type. Nice lense indead.

Can you show a picture ? There is two older types , with bakelite grip (star wars) and with leatherette grip.

Oh and oldest one is silver alu finish one without Exakta bulb.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a starwars. Came with a Varex body instaed of a Pancolar 50mm 2.0. Didn't bother, the lens is fine.

Volna 50mm 2.8 on KM5D

Last edited by Minolfan on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Mine is a starwars. Came with a Varex body instaed of a Pancolar 50mm 2.0. Didn't bother, the lens is fine.

That is still missing from my collection, I like this zebra performance I guess they are same or very similar. I especially like to use them on DSLR focusing always at wide open and press bulb instead of aperture rotating a joy really.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens was easy to get. Did a bid of € 15 on a fully working Exakta Varex IIb pictured on Ebay with zebra Pancolar 50mm 2.0 and received the camera with this surprising beauty!
The way you like to use such lense sounds very good to me. Till now I only had it on the Varex. No idea if it is possible to mount it on my humble KM5D. Cannot be very easy, I think.