Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jersey City grunge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Jersey City grunge Reply with quote

Foma 400 / Fomadon Excel (Xtol), Y2 filter on a SMC Takumar 28/3.5, Pentax ES-II. While the day was sunny with nice clouds (thus the Y2) overall I got a dark-ish, gray/grungy feel to this series. Jersey City is a quintessential NJ urban area across the Hudson River from lower Manhattan.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that second shot with the intersecting streets markers and the walking man ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am always glad to see how peoples in entire planet uses foma films. iam not used foma since 1991, but have one 120 roll of foma 100 ready for my voightlander, so you inspired me for shooting on it finally.

and to the photos: 2nd and 3rd is really beatiful. grain looks interresting, did you use it at iso400?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - the rolls of Foma 100 I've shot I really like the film (the very first 100 I shot at 400 in error and it came out just fine) - the 400 I have a love/hate relationship with. When it's right it's nicely old fashioned in look, when not it's not nicely old fashioned Wink

I shot at 320, though in this combination I think 200 or even slower would have been better. Or maybe I developed it not long enough. I'm using Excel (Xtol) straight, but I think during the summer a one shot diluted developer gives better options with temperature.