Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 50 3.5 on Zenit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Industar 50 3.5 on Zenit Reply with quote

Picked this up at a car boot this morning for £1.50. Can find several references to the Industar 50-2, but not for this Industar 50. The 50-2 seems to be black anodised(?). I take it this is a similar, if not identical, model? Haven't had a chance to try it out yet Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find! I look forward your pictures !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Industar 50 is M39 screwmount.
The Industar 50-2 is M42 screwmount.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: History? Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great find! I look forward your pictures !

Thanks. Any clues as to history, etc ? I'm off to try it out Smile

Darn and blast it Sad

It's smaller than my M42 adapter! Must be a 39mm fit. Anyone know if one can get 39mm/EOS adapters?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsmlogger wrote:

Yeah, just found that out Sad Didn't know that Zenits came in 39mm. Thought they were 42mm. Well, you live and learn Sad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
dsmlogger wrote:

Yeah, just found that out Sad Didn't know that Zenits came in 39mm. Thought they were 42mm. Well, you live and learn Sad

Hmmm..... As everyone here but me no doubt knows, the Zenit B came in 39mm x 1 AND 42mm x 1 fittings. Having just measured the film/flange distance on this one, it looks like 44mm i.e. the same as the Canon EF mount. Bummer Sad

I wonder......... Canon EF extension tubes are quite cheap Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M39 register is normally 45.2 mm and the M42 register is normally 45.5 mm.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you can get M39 to M42 adapters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/42mm-39mm-M42-M39-Lens-mount-adapter-Leica-Zenit-/320472832486?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4a9dab59e6

I used one to mount my Industar 50 to my M42 adapter. You can see it in my recent thread Industar 50 & Tubes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
Here you can get M39 to M42 adapters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/42mm-39mm-M42-M39-Lens-mount-adapter-Leica-Zenit-/320472832486?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4a9dab59e6

I used one to mount my Industar 50 to my M42 adapter. You can see it in my recent thread Industar 50 & Tubes.

Yeah, just read that thread. You don't have any problems with infinity focus with these mounts? I was wondering if you were using the tubes because you couldn't get infinity focus. Nice shots by the way Smile

sichko wrote:
The M39 register is normally 45.2 mm and the M42 register is normally 45.5 mm.

Aha, thanks for that. The 44mm I measured wasn't necessarily to the film, just to the frame in front of the film. Looks like there is an extra mm or so after that. I'll check these adapters out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyn, I took this shot for you without tubes & find my best focus is just a little shy of infinity on the lens with my adapter. Shot @ f5.6.

Here is a crop to the left of centre.

Last edited by revers on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Industar 50 3.5 M39 Test Shots Reply with quote

Isn't masking tape wonderful stuff? Twisted Evil

Don't look too bad. No cleaning or nuffink.

F3.5

F8

F16

f3.5 - Infinity

Full series here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/galleries/585006260/albums/industar-50-m39

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
Martyn, I took this shot for you without tubes & find my best focus is just a little shy of infinity on the lens with my adapter. Shot @ f5.6.

Thanks for those. Looks a lot better than mine Sad Reckon my example must need a good clean. Focus is certainly extremely stiff.

I've ordered a couple of those adapters. Thanks very much for the link. Certainly better than masking tape Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyn

My Industar 50 in M39 mount (silver) is less contrasty and sharp than the 50-2. But it is a bit knackered, so...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Martyn

My Industar 50 in M39 mount (silver) is less contrasty and sharp than the 50-2. But it is a bit knackered, so...

Hi Graham,

Yes, looks like the 50-2 is the best of the two, but I fancy giving this one a clean and then trying it out with a proper adapter. You never know, it may be covered in nicotine Smile. Not bad for £1.50 tho.

BTW did you get any BIF?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
Martyn

Hi Graham,

Yes, looks like the 50-2 is the best of the two, but I fancy giving this one a clean and then trying it out with a proper adapter. You never know, it may be covered in nicotine Smile. Not bad for £1.50 tho.

BTW did you get any BIF?

No BIF!

£1.50 is a bargain BTW, and you could claim the poor performance is simply that "vintage look" Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the 50-2. Its SHARP, its very very sharp.
But like all cheap russkiis they hate direct light.
When direct light hits into the lens, it starts bouncing around and really fogs up the picture.

But in my oppinion its the wierdest looking lens I own, just because its so darn small, for me, it turns heads.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joosep wrote:
When direct light hits into the lens, it starts bouncing around and really fogs up the picture.

But in my oppinion its the wierdest looking lens I own, just because its so darn small, for me, it turns heads.

I have come to the conclusion that my one needs a clean. Yes, it's a really dinky little lens. Looks very cute on my 10D Smile

I also have a mighty Russian mirror 500mm. I plan to take a couple of big and small, little and large shots. I'll post them when I get the chance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't used my 50-2 a huge amount yet, but I like it already.

and it looks gooooood on a K10.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Haven't used my 50-2 a huge amount yet, but I like it already.

Looks sweet and nice shots too Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
Joosep wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that my one needs a clean. Yes, it's a really dinky little lens. Looks very cute on my 10D Smile

I also have a mighty Russian mirror 500mm. I plan to take a couple of big and small, little and large shots. I'll post them when I get the chance.

And here they are.....

Little and Large:

Are you looking at me? ARE YOU LOOKING AT MEEEEEE.......