Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How does the OM-Mount work?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: How does the OM-Mount work? Reply with quote

Hi there,

maybe a strange question.
I just got two new Lenses, both RMC Tokina 28mm; the first is for the OM-Mount, the second P/K (Pentax K I think).
The Pentax K doesn't got all of it's screws, so I can't use it at the moment.

But the OM will do - I think, at least! Smile
When I pull the Iris-Ring to stop down, it simply doesn't change. The blades tand still, nothing happens.
Is this normal, or kinda broken? I remind the lenses from the FD-Mount, which were only pullable when attached - at the moment I don't have an Adapter to test it on my EOS.

Regards,
Lucas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two sliders/lever at 9'0 Clock on the rear side of the lens.. push one of them and close aperture, thats the same as the adapter does.. should work. If not, blades are stuck.

in Deutsch: OM hat zwei Übertragungshebel von denen einer bei Einschrauben in die Kamera oder den Adapter dafür sorgt, das die Blendenwerteinstellung übertragen wird und der andere muss eingedrückt/eingedreht sein, damit die Blende sich verstellen läßt. Der Hebel befindet sich von hinten auf die Linse geschaut etwa in 9 Uhr stellung.

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was puzzled by it too when I got my only OM lens. Here's some pics to show what Henry said, sorry for crappy quiality, it's quite dark in my room.

Here is the lens with an OM-to-EOS adapter on. You can see that the adapter has a little screw which hold the lever in position so that aperture is changed freely:

Without the adapter. The two silver buttons are used to release the lens from a camera (or adapter).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

symphonic wrote:

Without the adapter. The two silver buttons are used to release the lens from a camera (or adapter).

Lens release and stop-down buttons.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: How does the OM-Mount work? Reply with quote

CameraRick wrote:

But the OM will do - I think, at least! Smile
When I pull the Iris-Ring to stop down, it simply doesn't change. The blades tand still, nothing happens.
Is this normal, or kinda broken? I remind the lenses from the FD-Mount, which were only pullable when attached - at the moment I don't have an Adapter to test it on my EOS.

Regards,
Lucas

set the lens aperture to the largest number ( 16 or 22 or...) then press one of the buttons on the lens, if the lens is fully functional iris should close when you press the button

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

thanks for this assistance Smile
I opened the Lens, made some adjustments and now - it works Smile

Now I opened the Pentax K Lens, and I had to clean it down to the blades (I hate to clean and reassamble the Iris Very Happy ). Now it works just fine I think (it stucked due to heavy use of oil and stuff), but I have problems to get it to actual work on a Camera - at least I think this, as usual I don't have an Adapter or a Camera Very Happy

On this lens, there's one crank on the backside, which is attached to a spring inside. When it's attached, is this crank pulled fully against the spring, or something like that?

Regards,
Lucas