Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar red-MC 135/3.5 M42 - rare model
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar red-MC 135/3.5 M42 - rare model Reply with quote

Well, it's the first time I found this model. Some time ago I sold this version of red-MC Pancolar 50/1.8. These lenses has different aperture ring, different A/M switch and more lines of serration on the focusing ring. Standard Pancolars have 3 or 5 lines of serration, the rare early Pancolars have 6 lines. Similar with this Sonnar: standard version have 15 lines of serration, this early MC Sonnar has 18 lines of serration.

This model was pictured on the old Zeiss advertisement:

Compared to the common version of red-MC model, this one has different A/M switch, different aperture ring, 18 lines of serration on focusing ring and a silver line on the top of focusing ring.

I think it's nice item for collectors Smile

Condition:

Glass is free of fungus and scratches, a few dust particles are present. Focusing is very smooth between infinity and 1.2m, but a bit less smooth between 1m and 1.2m. Aperture works fine.

Lens is in nice cosmetical condition, but a few minor signs of use are present.

price: €63 + shipping

I accept PayPal (+3%) / MoneyBookers (+€3) / IBAN (+€4)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i know why we love Zeiss lenses Wink

good luck with your sell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has she got big muscles because she's used to carrying a heavy camera bag? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any photos of the actual lens?

Thanks
-nate-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jiri,

i might be interested in this model if it's sharp, because my sonar 135 is, unfortunatly, very soft !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems my copy is excatly the same version. Good to know that it is a rare version. I am going to keep this one i think. i can confirm this is a very sharp version.
Jurgen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Is this sold ? I am interested. ( hey! long time no see u ! )