Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

comparison: fotolab in 1999 vs 2010 scan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: comparison: fotolab in 1999 vs 2010 scan Reply with quote

i have my brothers epson V500 scanner for probably unlimited time, so i have finally opportunity to compare quality of photo in 1999 (scan from 13x9cm photo from typical lab in those times) and today scan in 3200dpi.

1999:

2010:

(bigger size downsized to 50% from scan, 1MB jpeg).

PS: look at the levels, colors, crop, details. V500+epson scan is not good choice for scanning, lot of you knows very well, that V7x0 plus vuescan produces much more better scans. but even V500 can show HUGE difference.

btw, source is konica VX200, shooted in super-cheap compact camera from carena (plastic body, probably also plastic very smal lens)

PPS: its from our high-school graduation Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really shows the big influence that the lab has on the results.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm confused with your post....the V500 scan looks superior to the 1999 scan and if you think the colours of the V500 scan are not very good, it is easy to put them back using a program like Photoshop or even Epson software.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont understand. colours of scan are ok, colours of 1999 print arent. and ofcourse, i can correct it from scan software directly, thats no problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob van Sikorski wrote:
you dont understand. colours of scan are ok, colours of 1999 print arent. and ofcourse, i can correct it from scan software directly, thats no problem.

Oh well, but you did say:- "V500+epson scan is not good choice for scanning".........but IMO using the V500 gave a better result than a 1999 print from a LAB.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i see. sorry, my mistake, i mean "good" -> "best" Embarassed