Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Attila's old Flek in a synagogue
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Attila's old Flek in a synagogue Reply with quote

Here's a special treat for you Attila, as it appeals to my sense of humour: the interior of the Etz Hayyim synagogue in Crete, shot on the flek 20/2.8 you sold me a couple of years ago Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Laughing is it works there ? Laughing Very small place, interesting to see. We have second largest in the world or in Europe as I know at Budapest. One times perhaps I will visit it to take some pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Yup, obviously it jammed up a bit to start with but after the first shot or two it worked almost like normal. The synagogue serves an island-wide community of less than 20 people, btw, out of a total population of about 500,000, so this is preserved for historical reasons as much as anything. In 1946 there was only one Jewish person still living here. Have you been to Crete? You would probably like it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
LOL. Yup, obviously it jammed up a bit to start with but after the first shot or two it worked almost like normal. The synagogue serves an island-wide community of less than 20 people, btw, out of a total population of about 500,000, so this is preserved for historical reasons as much as anything. In 1946 there was only one Jewish person still living here. Have you been to Crete? You would probably like it.

Good lens Smile did warn you Smile I never been in Crete I was only at Corfu several times. I found Crete perhaps too hot for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice place!

Quote:
In 1946 there was only one Jewish person still living here

and how many thousands in 1939 Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LOL. Yup, obviously it jammed up a bit to start with but after the first shot or two it worked almost like normal

It probably had a little seizure when it realised where it was... Laughing
Lovely shot and colours.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice place!

Quote:

Several hundreds but fewer than 1,000, according to the guy who looks after the place.

BTW, there is currently a court case pending after two arson attacks on the synagogue in January. Suspects are a Brit, a Yank and a couple of Greeks. Why people want to go to jail for burning down historic buildings is a mystery to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
poilu wrote:
nice place!

Quote:

Several hundreds but fewer than 1,000, according to the guy who looks after the place.

BTW, there is currently a court case pending after two arson attacks on the synagogue in January. Suspects are a Brit, a Yank and a couple of Greeks. Why people want to go to jail for burning down historic buildings is a mystery to me.

People are stupid, a building is not their enemy ever. Here in Hungary ex-government did same, shoot police building and cry about terrorism.