Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Selling off my photographic collection!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Selling off my photographic collection! Reply with quote

Hi everyone
I've decided (been forced?) to sell off some of my cameras and lenses etc to fund other interests. I've spent today listing them on eBay under my eBay name f1f49b12. Please have a look and if anything interests you send me a PM and we can come to an agreement on price. Thanks in advance for taking the time to look!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling off my photographic collection! Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
... my eBay name f1f49b12.

Edgar, I can't see any listed item under this name.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling off my photographic collection! Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

They are listed on ebay.co.uk.

Last edited by DigiChromeEd on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling off my photographic collection! Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

Ditto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling off my photographic collection! Reply with quote

Hari wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

Ditto

I've just logged on to ebay to double check and my listings are definitely there! I've received a number of questions regarding some of my listings as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're only visible when you log onto the [.co.uk] site, not [.ie] or [.com] Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's comming up as no listings under that ID. Please put a direct link to any of your listing items. Then we can just click on it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can send me a free EOS body as a 'Thank You'

Laughing

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/f1f49b12/m.html?_dmd=1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:

Laughing

I thought from one of your recent posts that you weren't collecting any more cameras or lenses? Otherwise I'd have sent you one FOC. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
It's comming up as no listings under that ID. Please put a direct link to any of your listing items. Then we can just click on it.

Direct link below.

Last edited by DigiChromeEd on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer, Edgar. Nice kit ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Hari wrote:

Laughing

I thought from one of your recent posts that you weren't collecting any more cameras or lenses? Otherwise I'd have sent you one FOC. Rolling Eyes

Oh i'm just kidding!

Thanks for the nice thought though Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was ready to buy your TAMRON ADAPTALL II 70-210MM F4 AF, but the shipping to Denmark was a bit too high Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdjensen wrote:
I was ready to buy your TAMRON ADAPTALL II 70-210MM F4 AF, but the shipping to Denmark was a bit too high Very Happy

I don't despatch goods abroad without insurance and tracking if possible. I've been stung in the past by people claiming not to have received their goods. If you had mentioned you were a member of this forum I'm sure we could have agreed on a price for shipping by some other means. I'll be relisting the lens again if you're interested. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.

I can fully understand your reasons for insurance and tracking.

I'll be watching your listing and "please give me an offer I cannot refuse" Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few lens hoods and books listed? I take it the big stuff has already gone?

Hopefully you are keeping some of your equipment?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Just a few lens hoods and books listed? I take it the big stuff has already gone?

Hopefully you are keeping some of your equipment?

Hi Martin
I realised I had a lot of photographic equipment I hadn't used in ages so I decided (for 'I' read 'my wife') to sell some to fund other purchases (a Pentax K-x hopefully, but please don't tell my other half!). It was a mixture of Canon film cameras, Tamron optics and assorted bits and bobs one of which you have purchased yourself - thanks for that. Some sold, some didn't and I'll relist what is left shortly.
I'm only keeping what I use on a regular basis i.e. my Canon 5D MkII, a selection of Canon 'L' lenses and of course my growing number of MF lenses!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth listing some of the lenses as buy it now for 30 days, I have been doing this recently and haven't had any unsold items, as long as the BIN price is in line with current trends.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a shame I missed the EOS 5. Hopefully the paypal payment has come through. If not you know where to find me.

Didn't you have a Chinon film camera?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
It might be worth listing some of the lenses as buy it now for 30 days, I have been doing this recently and haven't had any unsold items, as long as the BIN price is in line with current trends.

What are the fees like for that?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Yes, it's a shame I missed the EOS 5. Hopefully the paypal payment has come through. If not you know where to find me.

I have a Chinon CM-3 which I'll be keeping. I have a number of Asahi Pentax cameras which I haven't decided whether to sell or not. They have all been serviced in the last couple of years and most have new seals fitted. They are a SV, SP, SPII, SPF, ES and ESII (black). I don't know what they are worth at the moment (maybe you could give me a rough idea?). They are all in immaculate condition (especially the ES and ESII).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

I have a Chinon CM-3 which I'll be keeping. I have a number of Asahi Pentax cameras which I haven't decided whether to sell or not. They have all been serviced in the last couple of years and most have new seals fitted. They are a SV, SP, SPII, SPF, ES and ESII (black). I don't know what they are worth at the moment (maybe you could give me a rough idea?). They are all in immaculate condition (especially the ES and ESII).

Edgar - I wouldn't like to lead you on prices of the ES models as I could probably make use of one. The SPiis and SPF I've bought were between 11gbp for a manky SPF and 20ish gbp for the SPiis. Shame as the SPii is probably the best built SLR I own.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
fatdeeman wrote:

What are the fees like for that?

Not bad at all considering how much extra exposure you get to sellers over the 30 day period.

I think the BIN price effects the listing fee too but as an example I recently listed a sigma 10-20mm at £329.95 and the listing fee was £0.40, the price was pretty much right on the limit of what I could expect for this lens second hand but with a decent description and enough time it sold, it took about 13 days I think.