Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

In the woods
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: In the woods Reply with quote

I cannot praise the Canon EF 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 USM lens enough ... it is so much fun to use!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 for me shows best lens qualities. I am biased because I've been looking at mostly very sharp prime photos for the past few weeks -- the other photos here look soft, but not bad for a zoom!

PS Your woods do look very similar to woods here in Coastal Northern California!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siriusdogstar wrote:
#3 for me shows best lens qualities. I am biased because I've been looking at mostly very sharp prime photos for the past few weeks -- the other photos here look soft, but not bad for a zoom!

Part of the reason for the pictures looking soft is that the depth of fields is only a bit more than 3 inches (8 cm). But indeed, a zoom used wide open (210 @ f/4.5 in this case) is not going to be as sharp as a good prime.

Though I must say that the Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5 does rival the Pentax SMC Takumar 200/4 in terms of sharpness wide open. Especially for the price (I paid 125 euros), it is not a bad lens at all.