Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I discovered B&W!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: I discovered B&W! Reply with quote

You'll be thinking I'm crazy, but I tried out the Silver Efex plugin for PS and today I ended up converting 50-something of my older images to b&w. Laughing
There's something in that high microcontrast that b&w creates that makes an ordinary, bland image so much more interesting.
Applying a red or orange filter makes the sky look very dark, I love that effect.

I have more of them, but I'll stop here. I already crossed the line with the number of pics. Smile

What's your view of those? Am I overprocessing it? The contrast is probably too much for some, but I like it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like them! With b&w I like strong contrast a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Carsten!
I'm interested in how others perceive b&w. I like the results, but a part of me is under the influence of the standpoint that not every picture is "worthy" of b&w... Maybe I'm talking rubbish, but it can look pretentious sometimes and it feels like cheating, you take an uninteresting pic, convert it to b&w and suddenly it looks good.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I also like them! With b&w I like strong contrast a lot.

+1 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There quite some pepper in the contrast indeed, but I like this pics as they are.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, I like the contrast you choice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
+1

Minolfan wrote:
There quite some pepper in the contrast indeed, but I like this pics as they are.

poilu wrote:
nice series, I like the contrast you choice

Thanks for the replies! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them. The 1st few look like infrared images.

I also have the plugin but I dost most of the conversions in ACR.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorites for a long time have been landscapes at 17-21mm FL with red filter. used to use sigma 10-20mm on sony a100. i just traded for canon 17-40 L series to recreate on my 5d...we'll see.

very nice pix; i like the contrast.