Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sun's first light - 135 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Sun's first light - 135 2.8 Reply with quote

Sun 135mm f2.8, a 15 blade beauty- - $7 off flea bay.
I've never used a lens like this. The downside is the minimum focus distance is 1.8 meters Sad
I think this is Nice Bokeh...

[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite nice !

Its a preset then ?

Do you have a picture of the lens ? I am interested in this to possibly ID some mystery lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun's first light - 135 2.8 Reply with quote

Hi,

lens-o-matic wrote:
Sun 135mm f2.8, a 15 blade beauty- - $7 off flea bay.
I've never used a lens like this. The downside is the minimum focus distance is 1.8 meters Sad
I think this is Nice Bokeh...

Congrats, the results are really nice ...

If you don't like the shortest focusing distance, why don't you use some cheap macro rings ? You will loose infinity focus, but you will be able to focus closer ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi luisalegria,
Here is a picture os the Sun lens. It has a preset aperture- I hope that helps identify your mystery lens!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you !

Getting one of these 1960's lenses in the actual makers brand is the key to identifying them under merchants brands.

This adds to the possible makers of brands like Mayfair Chelico, and many Soligors.