Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears 80-200/4.0 macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Sears 80-200/4.0 macro Reply with quote

What's with it - next tree over has ripe sweet cherries & the Goldfinches are eating the green Mulberries. Pics cropped about half.

1. Himself

2. Herself

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Ron. Pretty nice Bokeh with that lens. You should try it with tubes, and do some macro shots. I bet they would come out nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Nice shots Ron. Pretty nice Bokeh with that lens. You should try it with tubes, and do some macro shots. I bet they would come out nice.

Interesting comment Walter. I would never have considered using tubes with a zoom long, so called macro lens. Do you care to expand on your thinking?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can cover a large focal range withy a single lens. Using the shortest tube you can do longer range macro, or just reduce the distance to infinty
significantly.

When I walk around I take 2 lenses. My 45 f2 Minolta Rokkor x, and my JC penney 800-200 macro lens, with either a set of tubes or close up lenses.

I have a thread where I was testing a cheap Epson perfection scanner. One of my shots was with my 80-200 with a plus 1 close up lens. I know tubes are better, but I still like close up lenses.
This is not a crop.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using tubes can also come in handy for longer lenses as well.Recently I was checking out various long lenses from 200mm to 500mm with tubes for hummer shots.Also have used the Vivitar MC-7 macro-focusing 2X TC with the helical being a versatile companion for this type of work.I have a few extra of these TC's and have had some silly thoughts about removing the elements from one to make an adjustable tube(I've read elsewhere on the web this use of this TC,but for closeups and macro is where this lens excels with the elements in place)The examples below is the Meyer Optik Orestegor 300mm f4 with various length tubes.

100% crop

100% crop

cropped

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how I missed these last two posts but I see them now. Al I can say is WOW great shots guys. I will give this idea a try. Thanks guys.