Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss 135mm f2 - dream lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Zeiss 135mm f2 - dream lens Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But rear element is scratched.....
btw - it`s quite rare lens i didn`t saw many pictures with this one beuaty. Maybe someone has got one?I know Planar 100/2 is brillant. What about 135/2 ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karabud wrote:
btw - it`s quite rare lens i didn`t saw many pictures with this one beuaty. Maybe someone has got one?I know Planar 100/2 is brillant. What about 135/2 ?

ask Orio, he got 2!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
karabud wrote:

ask Orio, he got 2!

....2? I will ask him

btw I passed the next year of study today Wink
I'm exhausted after hard year and 10h traveling within 24h at 35C..
...but Finally I have time for pictures!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is he? Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contax 135/2 is a sweet lens. On par with Canon 135/2L in sharpness but with Zeiss look and even smoother bokeh. It is not quite as contrasty which in harsh light is a good thing as it does not blow up highlights as easily.

Compared to Planar 100/2 I think it has less CA wide open and gives more of a personal/portrait look, but less 3D (100/2 is a king in that respect). All in all, you'd have to try both to see which one suits your taste better Wink

Both are not nearly as good as Contax 85/1.2 though... That one is indeed a dream lens, if you learn how to manage to focus it properly. IMHO of course.