Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

big_is Contax/EOS adapters: No infinity focusing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: big_is Contax/EOS adapters: No infinity focusing Reply with quote

Infinity focus was advertised (see Click here to see on Ebay)
In the end, the seller admitted it:

Quote:

hello,

dear friend, sorry, this issue could not be solve,
because it will hit the mirror if thiner the
adapter .

best regards

- big_is

However, poilu told me his 1.4/85 version does focus to infinity with an adapter from big_is (but in the photo he sent me his adapter seems different).
Perhaps there is a difference between chipped and non-chipped adapters.
Or could there be such a difference between AE and MM versions?

Anyway, can you suggest an alternative adapter that you have confirmed that it reaches infinity focus with a lens bigger than 50mm, on a 5D Mark II ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird. Most probably, they used a different batch of adapters this time, because all my adapters (and I have about 5) focus *beyond* infinity. big_is is right in that some lenses (e.g. Yashica ML 28/2.Cool will hit the mirror if focused to "hard" infinity stop with these adapters; however, that's not the point.

Proper adapters - for me - are these:
Click here to see on Ebay

Perfectly cheap, focus slightly beyond infinity (but not too much), work just fine with all of my lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:

Perfectly cheap, focus slightly beyond infinity (but not too much), work just fine with all of my lenses.

Seems you have the 1.4/85 , right ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you any friend with a contax film slr
just to check if the lens reach infinite
otherwise adapter cannot help and lens have to be calibrated

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkanellopoulos wrote:
aoleg wrote:

Seems you have the 1.4/85 , right ?

Yep, I have the 85/1.4 and 5DmkII. By the way, I did have one lens that was genuinely misadjusted: a Vario-Sonnar 28-85 that I had to return. It did not reach infinity - by far - even with the thinnest of my adapters (Fotodiox Pro). So it might be a good idea to check your lens as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't someone start a database of the thicknesses of the adapters? An easy way to tell if the adapter is at fault is to measure the thickness, then if other members can compare this with the adapters that work, it could point to someone was messing with the infinity adjustments of the lens itself.

Alex has told me that the Quality Control in the Chinese adapters are an issue. Some are ok for APS-C sensors (probably because the QC had a 450D or 500D lying around and not so for the 5D's.