Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears 135mm f/2.8 m42 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Sears 135mm f/2.8 m42 mount Reply with quote

So after reading for a bit on lenses and adapters, etc., I picked up my first MF lens. I wanted to share some photos so here goes:

First the lens:

Sample shots:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look very good!

This is your first MF Lens? Get out while you still can! Give it away! Else you become infected by the virus that is MF lenses and soon you'll spend sleepless nights on ebay, hunting for those bargains and then be visiting the flea markets for even more bargains and some treasure hunting and your collection just grows and grows and grows and I think I'll just shup up now. Laughing Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.AK wrote:
Those look very good!

This is your first MF Lens? Get out while you still can! Give it away! Else you become infected by the virus that is MF lenses and soon you'll spend sleepless nights on ebay, hunting for those bargains and then be visiting the flea markets for even more bargains and some treasure hunting and your collection just grows and grows and grows and I think I'll just shup up now. Laughing Embarassed

+1

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sharp work for your first go with a manual lens. Looking forward to seeing your future work. Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, of course I have many more out of focus shots that I didn't post...buying lenses really is a disease, but at this point I'm still so ignorant as to what lenses to get, I'm trying to stick to buying only ones cheap enough to make a mistake on. That being said, any recommendations? I'm flying out to Japan/Korea on Friday so I won't be able to pick up any new glass until then probably, but I'll be on the hunt when I get back. Thanks for the welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.AK wrote:
Those look very good!

+2

I am in recovery, I did not buy a lens last week.

Now you need to get a Takumar 55mm f1.8 with the same fit as your Sears. Wink