Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

m42 lens to canon fd body adapter with aperture stopdown rim
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: m42 lens to canon fd body adapter with aperture stopdown rim Reply with quote

I have several m42 auto lenses with a/m switch and aperture stop-down pins. I have recently acquired a Canon AE-1 body. I have acquired an adapter to mount the m42 lenses on the Canon body, but since the adapter doesn't depress the stop-down pin on the m42 lenses, I have to use stop-down metering. Does anyone know whether there exists an m42 to canon fd adapter that has an aperture stop-down rim or flange that depresses the stop-down lens pin that would eliminate the need to use stop-down metering? I have stumbled across such adapters for Canon EOS, but I have been unsuccessful in trying to find such an animal for Canon fd. Any suggestions/leads appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, flanged adapters do exactly what the A-M switch does, so it will still be stop-down metering for you even if you find one for FD mount. The only way to use these lenses with open aperture metering is to use an M42 camera such as Pentax SPF, ES or ESII or Chinon models up to series 3.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Mamiya 35mm in my case. Thanks for the clarification. I can now stop obsessing over trying to find something that, even if I were successful, would not make a difference. I am grateful for your quick response. Very Happy
J