Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

af confirm m42-eos dvdtechnik adapter, how to program it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: af confirm m42-eos dvdtechnik adapter, how to program it? Reply with quote

as title says, I havent recive any instructions, adapter looks great, but I have a backfocus problem which - as I read somewhere - should be correctable with programming adapter

I'd like to set af lock to more loose method-if it is possible.
My 20d doesnt allow me to shot picture if the af dot is not confirmed, is it possible to turn that off in camera? Because now I have a backfocus problem and camera doesnt allow me to shoot picture which is in focus:)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that particular adapter although I use similar programmable adapters, but set your 20D to AI focus and it will fire any time you press the shutter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

English programming manual:
http://filmprocess.ru/oduvanchik/instructions/programming_en.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: af confirm m42-eos dvdtechnik adapter, how to program it Reply with quote

egidio wrote:
as title says, I havent recive any instructions, adapter looks great, but I have a backfocus problem which - as I read somewhere - should be correctable with programming adapter

I'd like to set af lock to more loose method-if it is possible.
My 20d doesnt allow me to shot picture if the af dot is not confirmed, is it possible to turn that off in camera? Because now I have a backfocus problem and camera doesnt allow me to shoot picture which is in focus:)

Basically, you can remove AF lock by entering the programming mode (see manual on how to do that), selecting aperture of f/9 and pressing a DoF preview button once.

To move AF confirm forward, enter programming mode, select f/8, press DoF preview, then input your compensation point according to the manual (for me, the setting of f/4 (Dof) then f/8 (DoF) works best).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all!

I'll try it when I have time, will report if I'll have some additional problems.