Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLD ---> Carl Zeiss Biotar 1Q 58/2 <--- SOLD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: SOLD ---> Carl Zeiss Biotar 1Q 58/2 <--- SOLD Reply with quote

SOLD to guatipen

Hi All,

The usual stuff - the lens is like new, perfect glass with no dust, no haze, no fungus, no scratches

Body is also in perfect condition

Focussing is a pleasure, no oil on the blades

Front&back caps + Leather container

I bought this on an impulse but I already have a few Biotars ... this lens needs no introduction, it's THE legendary Biotar

€75 + shipping + 3.5% paypal

Last edited by Hari on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: pm sent Reply with quote

PM SENT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the 10- or 17-blade version?
(I have heard of 12-blade versions as well, but haven't actually seen one)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD to guatipen

Thanks for a quick transaction Andres!

Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larsr wrote:

Hey Larsr!

This is the 10 bladed version

I have a few more Biotars (58/2 with 'T' and without) and they're also 10 bladed ninjas Very Happy

I think Vilhelm sold a 12 blader or a 17 blader a few weeks ago on ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

larsr wrote:

This is the last model with semi-automatic aperture. It can be recognized by the bumpy aperture ring. This model has always 10 blades. It also features newer coating and because of that there was only one version (previous models were mostly available in two versions: T or without T).

Pre-set model (serrated aperture ring, bumpy focusing ring) have 12 or 10 aperture blades. The earlier model (I think it was designed fot Contax D) has always T + 12 blades. The later pre-set models have always 10 blades and T was optional. T-model had high-end coating (80%+), while non-T model had standard coating.

Post-was manual model (small one, both rings are serrated) had always 17 aperture blades and T (80%+). It can be silver or balck.

War-time manual model (not available in M42 mount) was manufactured in T-version (80%+), while non-T version was uncoated. I think the war and pre-war biotars have 8 aperture blades (at least my non-T biotar has)

hope this helps Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riiiiiight

Title rightfully extended: guru of Helios + Biotars

Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: wonderful Reply with quote

wonderful explanation NO-x..!!

I actually bought the biotar to hari because i'm very curious to compare it with a helios 44 M39 13 blades version....which it's a very sharp lens at f2....

Then there is no biotar with 13 blades...? only 12 or 17.... the russian copy is unique...

then NO-X which is for you the best biotar version?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes...

Helios lenses:
6-blades (auto-aperture models like 44M-4,5,6, 77M, 77M-4 etc.)
8-blades (black pre-set models like 44-2 and 44-3, late silver models and 44M)
13-blades (early silver models)

Biotars:
8-blades: (pre-)war manual model
10-blades: late pre-set model and semi-auto model
12-blades: early pre-set model for Contax D
17-blades post-war manual model

I personaly keep 12-bladed T biotar (pre-set for Contax D) and 17-bladed T biotar (manual). But biotars are quite constant in terms of quality control, so I can say that some specific model is sharper in general. I keep these two because they are priced the most Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

ok friend ..
crystal clear...

thanks for the list...