Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Funy or silly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Funy or silly Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyer beware... that's not even a picture of the actual lens. Confused

The photo is directly linked from: http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/85mmnikkor/85mm2.htm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/2.0
Manual focus lens!!!<<<< manual lense but AF Rolling Eyes
I guess you spent your time a lot in ebay Attila

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

death wrote:
Very Happy Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/2.0
Manual focus lens!!!<<<< manual lense but AF Rolling Eyes
I guess you spent your time a lot in ebay Attila

111+

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
Buyer beware... that's not even a picture of the actual lens.

I'm surprised -- though I shouldn't be -- by how often that happens.

I sold a 35mm compact on eBay recently, and took care to show it as clearly as I'd want to see something I was buying myself, all sides, including inside. Pictures have to be a good substitute for picking up the item and turning it over in the hands. I looked, of course, at other auctions for the same camera to see what they were fetching, and in one I saw, I knew instantly that the buyer wasn't going to get the camera he thought he was bidding on. I recognised it as having been lifted from Matt Denton's website, and on looking closer at the enlarged version, I could even see the copyright watermark. A quick look at the seller's other items showed he'd trawled the net for pictures, and one he lifted even had the fracture that was described in the article he appropriated the picture from.

How much of a toss do you think eBay gave for copyright infringements?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is silly or funny,but dangerous and deceitful...I am not as educated as some when it comes to lenses and cameras and to a degree have to rely on descriptions and photos from the sellers.
I saw a whole camera description lifted from the Karen Nakamura site...even with her warnings added Sad about using it on ebay.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, So we've all better watermark our photos and see when the reappear again on eBay Wink The guy selling obviously is preying on new eBayers, he did not say photos were of the actual item. But it's the implied message of 'This is what I'm selling' that's very misleading. Well that and all the copyright infringements of course!