Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Simple, easy-to-make camera rest ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Simple, easy-to-make camera rest ... Reply with quote

... made from a sand bag and bucket.

Nothing but a bucket placed with the bottom up, and a sand bag made out of a piece of a blue jeans leg placed on top. Here are some quicky shots from my Fuji J10 point and shoot:

This four-gallon bucket and folded sandbag are perfect for me to sit behind on my bottom, or to kneel at bit of an angle. The camera bottom can be squished into the bag sufficiently to make a jiggle-proof hold for even my shaky hands. One can't raise or lower the "bag rest," but one can swap out buckets or pots or whatever else might be at hand. Same principal can be applied in the woods. Just tote the bag and place it on a log or stone for a steady rest.
Hey, it's free ...

Last edited by fish4570 on Mon May 31, 2010 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you a photo of this contraption?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why yes, Edgar, see above. Very Happy

Edgar made the request that led to the change in thread ...

Last edited by fish4570 on Mon May 31, 2010 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK Paul, I just couldn't picture it in my mind! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But since you asked, I noticed those little blossoms for the first time, went in, got a tube, screwed it between my Takumar 55/2 and SP1000 body, sat down, and took a couple of shots ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sand bags are very handy devices. Anyone can make one using blue jean leg or other tough fabric, in any size. I used to have three for rifle shooting: 10-pounder, 7.5-pounder and 5-pounder. I could stack or subtract to make shooting perfect. My biggest one split a seam ... Crying or Very sad
Now I only have two; they are used far more for camera shooting than for rifle shooting ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the equipment forum with a new subject line. I will edit it now, and ask a moderator please to move it to that forum ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that bucket is real high-end Manfrotto photography bucket. I bet those are expensive! Laughing

I like your thinking, improvisation is always nice Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
And yes, it is a Manfrotto, but I took off the label so it would not look like I was bragging ... Laughing