Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Watcher
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: The Watcher Reply with quote

Kodak HIE B/W IR film.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow

i know it's not very constructive .... the subject and the background are simply stunning, and the b&w contrast is superb, hope you'll print that one, congrats

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Wow

i know it's not very constructive .... the subject and the background are simply stunning, and the b&w contrast is superb, hope you'll print that one, congrats

Thanks. I've got large prints of the top snap. They look great. Love to burn B/W IR film. There's more where they came from.

Russ

Last edited by Russ on Sun May 30, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen those shots somewhere... on photo.net? not sure.
Great motif. Love IR ...that dreamy look.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. Where did you get it processed?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that it is not such tuogh job to do it at home.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
I suppose that it is not such tuogh job to do it at home.

I have my local Pro lab soup my B/W IR film. Not much different than standard B/W (Neopan 400, ACROS, etc) except that you can't remove it from the black plastic film container, unless your in total darkness.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Efke IR 820 asks to be (un)loaded in subdued light. Mine is currently hanging in the darkroom Smile

When I saw the white grass, I instantly thought at an IR film Very Happy Nice use of the dark sky Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
The Efke IR 820 asks to be (un)loaded in subdued light. Mine is currently hanging in the darkroom Smile

When I saw the white grass, I instantly thought at an IR film Very Happy Nice use of the dark sky Wink

Carbon

What speed are you rating your Efke at? Is it the "Aura" version? You metering through a filter or not? Using R-72 filter?

Thanks
KK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rated it at something like 1-1,5 isos, and it worked good (it gives a typical 1/15s at f/2.8 on a bright day), it is not stated as Aura. I meter with my Leningrad 4 light meter at 3 isos and remove 1 stop or more, it was exposed with my Hoya R72 filter, lens was S-M-C Takumar 35/2, Rodinal 1+50 for 14 min Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I'll try this Efke ir820. Infra is something that attracts me.

Russ wrote:
...you can't remove it from the black plastic film container, unless your in total darkness.

Black film container is really enough?
...and you have to load film into camera in darkness too, aren't you?
There is totally science about lenses that doesn't create white center spot. What is your experience Russ and CarbonR?