Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Biggest waterfall in the balkans - HD panorama animation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Biggest waterfall in the balkans - HD panorama animation Reply with quote

This is an animation of a panoramic photo.
Shot with the Canon TS-E 17mm lens.
Three shots at 0, -12mm, +12mm shift. Stitched using PtGui.
The vertical field of view is about 140 degrees.

Fall colors !

I hope the quality is close to my original.
Vimeo re-compresses videos too, but it is a lot better than youtube.

http://vimeo.com/8542016

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for sharing! What a beauty!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Many thanks for sharing! What a beauty!

Attila, thank you!
This is my favorite place on earth.

I just realized that Vimeo resizes 1920x1080 to 1280x720.
So, in full-screen, be sure to see it with scaling off.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have time visit Plitvice lakes in Croatia there is so many waterfal and not so far from your country.

http://www.visit-croatia.co.uk/plitvicelakes/

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice picture and very nice place, would be even better if it was a timelapse. Smile

I believe there are even more pretenders to that title. In the Perucica rainforest on the border of Bosnia & Herzegovina and Montenegro, there's a 75m tall Skakavac (the Grasshopper) fall, but his photos are hard to come by on the Internet. It's an extremely isolated area and it's almost impossible to reach it without an experienced guide, since gps signal is very low. The Dinarid mountain range, with it's karstic relief, has many fast rivers (Tara, Una, Zrmanja etc.) that contain some really spectacular waterfalls. I hope you don't mind my little digression. Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dear symphonic, such notions as "biggest", "greatest" etc are often a matter of definition.

In this case I am talking about waterfalls of continuous water flow. Else, I know of 200m and even taller waterfalls in Greece.
Even more interesting perhaps: what exactly are the Balkans and where do they end ? Confused

So don't worry.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

symphonic wrote:
Very nice picture and very nice place, would be even better if it was a timelapse. Smile

I believe there are even more pretenders to that title. In the Perucica rainforest on the border of Bosnia & Herzegovina and Montenegro, there's a 75m tall Skakavac (the Grasshopper) fall, but his photos are hard to come by on the Internet. It's an extremely isolated area and it's almost impossible to reach it without an experienced guide, since gps signal is very low. The Dinarid mountain range, with it's karstic relief, has many fast rivers (Tara, Una, Zrmanja etc.) that contain some really spectacular waterfalls. I hope you don't mind my little digression. Wink

Hey many thanks for tips!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great pano! so you didn't move the lens and take 3 shots adjusting only shift!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkanellopoulos wrote:
My dear symphonic, such notions as "biggest", "greatest" etc are often a matter of definition.

Of course they are. I was merely digressing on some the natural beauties that can be found in this part of the world, no need to be defensive. Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
great pano! so you didn't move the lens and take 3 shots adjusting only shift!

Yes, that's right poilu. I love this lens (my wallet does not!).

Of course carrying 16Kg of photo stuff there was interesting, especially on the way up... Smile